Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been watching Bikeman play this a bit, and it looks fun.

Free / Beta all weekend! I'm going to give it a go.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't like it. Very difficult to see anything. Usually you just see smoke puffs from a gun and fire at it. Very difficult to tell enemy from friendly. Lots of dying a second after spawn to random crap.

But if you camp in a corner somewhere you can get kills for days. Not really my style.

Also, no female soldiers. NLF should at least have some, maybe NVA too?

Last edited:
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wasn't a fan either, the controls seem off. No matter how much I messed with the mouse sensitivity everything just seemed floaty.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fucking gun models take up half the damn screen. Who the fuck holds their gun in front of their face like that when running.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So yeah I ended up refunding this. Game is just way too clunky and a few technical issues that really impact gameplay.

Movement is very stiff, hard to get around objects or ledges
Weapons are frustrating to reload, take forever and easily interrupted
Lots of geometry issues, you will be crouched on something with with your weapon clearing what youre crouched on but you will still hit the object youre crouched on when firing
Impossible to tell where sounds are coming from, some sounds are just bugged like the AC47 gunship sounding like its hitting you no matter where its hitting on the map

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i refunded that shit quick. I was like, i could possibly get into this, 30 min later i was like fuck this, im out! lol

Hekotat

It could always get better, maybe check back on it in 6 months and see if it still sucks.

Hekotat

Picked this up in the humble bundle and it's really come a long way from when I tried the beta. The gun no longer takes up half the screen but Reshade is absolutely required to see into darker areas.

There's a server that's 120 vs 120 right now that's absolute chaos and what I imagine war must have been like during that era.

Anyone playing this?

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Picked this up in the humble bundle and it's really come a long way from when I tried the beta. The gun no longer takes up half the screen but Reshade is absolutely required to see into darker areas.

There's a server that's 120 vs 120 right now that's absolute chaos and what I imagine war must have been like during that era.

Anyone playing this?

I just picked this up after my friend convinced me to try it out. After a few hours I became used to learning how to spot people and how to hide effectively. I really like that people are not bullet sponges, semi auto vastly changes how assault rifles work, and above all I fucking love jungle combat. Hiding in foliage to ambush unaware enemies with an AK is a great feeling.

Hekotat

I just picked this up after my friend convinced me to try it out. After a few hours I became used to learning how to spot people and how to hide effectively. I really like that people are not bullet sponges, semi auto vastly changes how assault rifles work, and above all I fucking love jungle combat. Hiding in foliage to ambush unaware enemies with an AK is a great feeling.

I'll look for you when I see you hop on, that's the kind of game I like to run around wiht friends in. It plays a lot like insurgency which I love.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Been playing this more and more as I wait on Sandstorm, finally starting to get the hang of it. You can really fuck people up if you get a good spot.

I really really really hate the wide open maps, it's too much with one shot kills. The city/base maps are great though.

Hekotat

This game is really growing on me, it took a lot to get used to but it is really satisfying shooting people in the face.

Was in a squad last night named Faulty Armor Nukem, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.