Road House

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fight me bruh

Ok, ok, fine.

Let's see. If I really thought about it, I'd say this about the subject:

1. Fuck revamps anyway. Every once in a while they are worth doing for certain movies, in certain circumstances, with the right cast and crew. But only about 5% of revamps actually hit that formula. The rest are shit money grabs.

2. If you ARE going to do a revamp from 30+ years ago, I'd be ok with replacing some skinny people with heavier people. Not romantic leads- I think these need to be ideal and attractive. But minor roles, bit parts, etc. If only because I think it makes the movies a little more realistic. Let's be honest, America is a hell of a lot fatter in 2023 than it was in 1989. Having a whole town full of thin people just doesn't seem realistic these days, especially in Missouri. Plus, I think there are probably a lot of heavier actors that probably get passed over for actors that are thinner but not as good. Since I care more about acting and realism than I do about having everyone be thin, I'm ok with upping the poundage a bit on the whole.

But (again) no amount of skinny or fat people is going to convince me to watch a shitty remake either way, so /shrug

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
"No one wins a fight."

The Dark Knight Joker GIF

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Seems bizarre to me that people love something like Reacher even with how ridiculous the second season was but absolutely hate how this looks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus that ufc was a year ago, also i think that version of conor was also a year and 85vials of rhoids ago

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Shit like this would be a lot more palatable if they just gave it a different name.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, in modern day America that nearly 35 year old bar bitch in the south is going to be fat.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not trying to promote this shit but did this really resonate with people? I love 80s movies but this doesn't hit me like a remake of "Big trouble in Little China" starring the Rock

I actually liked the idea of Sean William Scott playing Ash in Evil Dead remake.

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not trying to promote this shit but did this really resonate with people? I love 80s movies but this doesn't hit me like a remake of "Big trouble in Little China"

I actually liked Sean William Scott playing Ash in Evil Dead remake.
its a beat for beat scene for scene remake. set in a stupid location, without any of the heart or fun of the first movie. everyone is ugly, and its just unnecessary.