Roald Dahl's The Witches (2020)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Roald Dahl's The Witches (2020)

Tagline: They're real!

Genre: Fantasy, Family, Adventure, Comedy, Horror

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Cast: Anne Hathaway, Octavia Spencer, Stanley Tucci, Jahzir Bruno, Chris Rock, Codie-Lei Eastick, Kristin Chenoweth, Brian Bovell, Charles Edwards, Morgana Robinson, Josette Simon, Eugenia Caruso, Ana Maria Maskell, Orla O'Rourke, Penny Lisle, Simon Manyonda, Amber Flanagan, Jonathan Livingstone, Philippe Spall, Eurydice El-Etr, Katie Hardwick, Abi Adeyemi, Zeke Taylor, Paul Leonard, Jon Prophet, Miranda Sarfo Peprah, Angus Wright, Joseph Zinyemba, Me'sha Bryan, Anastasia Zabarchuk, Ken Nwosu, Vivienne Acheampong, Sobowale Antonio Bamgbose, Lunga Skosana, Dempsey Bovell, Cyril Nri

Release: 2020-10-26

Runtime: 106

Plot: In late 1967, a young orphaned boy goes to live with his loving grandma in the rural Alabama town of Demopolis. As the boy and his grandmother encounter some deceptively glamorous but thoroughly diabolical witches, she wisely whisks him away to a seaside resort. Regrettably, they arrive at precisely the same time that the world's Grand High Witch has gathered.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

915b6075ee535f14c6c5acb6292fccdddb971e4b.jpg

ann hathaway tried to be ugly by being bald, scars and 3 fingers

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
She wasn't ugly like the original, but she was definitely scary for kids that age. It was not bad.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I have recently learned that many people with limb differences, especially children, are in pain because of the portrayal of the Grand High Witch in The Witches.
Faaaaahk off. I am so sick of this shit...

i'm old jamie lee curtis GIF

edit: If I am running into my midlife crisis someone might want to warn my wife and kids.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

915b6075ee535f14c6c5acb6292fccdddb971e4b.jpg

ann hathaway tried to be ugly by being bald, scars and 3 fingers
I'm hairy as fuck, do I get to start #NotaWerewolf and make producers of werewolf movies apologize to me?

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
This was hot garbage. It had none of the charm of the original. The black lady playing the grandmother was not quirky or adorable like the old lady in the original. CGI was garbage on the mice.

• 1Great Review

Caliane

Watching this now.... why the fuck did they shift it from Norway and England in the 80's, to New orleans USA with a black kid in the 60's? then purposely inject racism? "lets go to the rich white people hotel, witches only attack poor kids." all black employees who are shocked at black grandma showing up as a guest. "keep your money maam"

This is the shit that is just so fucking tiresome.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database