Rob Zombie's - The Lords of Salem

Terial

Trakanon Raider
splFBsx.jpg

6C6KPds.jpg

SIKck2l.jpg

Heidi Hawthorne is a thirty-seven-year-old FM radio DJ and a recovering drug addict. Struggling with her newfound sobriety and creeping depression, Heidi suddenly receives an anonymous gift at the station-a mysteriously shaped wooden box branded with a strange symbol. Inside the box is a promotional record for a band that identifies themselves only as The Lords. There is no other information.
She decides to play it on the radio show as a joke, and the moment she does, horrible things begin to happen. The strange music awakens something evil in the town. Soon enough, terrifying murders begin to happen all around Heidi. Who are The Lords? What do they want?Anchor Bay is distributing the movie, and they will release it in April. It starsSheri Moon Zombie,Bruce Davison,Ken Foree,Patricia Quinn,Dee Wallace,andJudy Geeson.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This movie was have no less than 500 times of the word "fuck" being said.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Rob Zombie is really good at atmosphere and visual style, very mediocre at story. I haven't seen his Halloween movies, but his House of 1k Corpses movies were good for what they were.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rob Zombie is really good at atmosphere and visual style, very mediocre at story. I haven't seen his Halloween movies, but his House of 1k Corpses movies were good for what they were.
House 1000 Corpses was pretty good, like you said, fantastic atmosphere, freaking creepy world, etc. But I honestly thought Devil's Rejects was just fantastic and way better. It was just a day in the life of a loving, but completely psychotic, family. I really liked how it was a sequel, but was a completely different type of movie. Like 100% opposite.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, me too. Like he completely threw out the formula and turned it from OMG HORROR MOVIE to crazy road trip/outlaw movie with horror elements. The writing was definitely not oscar material, but it was good enough. I liked both movies, but they felt kind of like test beds for Rob Zombie's directorial style which I assumed he was going to try and mine for his followups to make them even more badass, but it never happened. From what I understand, his Halloween movies were terribad.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
his Halloween movies were terribad.
^
this

I did enjoy House of 1k corpses, and i think this will be along the same lines. My expectations are not high and that is how i rate movies, so i'm going to get exactly what i think i'm going to get out of The Lords of Salem, so i'll enjoy it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
House of 1k corpses was in development hell for years. when it finally did make it to theaters. i simply had to see it. it was fucking great. well cept for zombie's wife. how he stands that bitch's screech voice is beyond me. there were so many elements that worked in h 1k corpses. the bigfoot dude. sid haig as captain spaulding. the respirator dude in the underground lair. dr satan. the creepy atmosphere. that movie was classic. the sequel was a lot more mainstream and while it had sid haig being a fucking badass evil clown again, it stopped being creepy and felt more like a natural born killers remake.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I thought house of a thousand corpses was fucking awful, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes and no one I know would call me a movie snob (Specifically the ending wtf was that garbage?).

Devil's Rejects was more palatable, but still didn't really care for it. Then after his Halloween films def skipping Rob Zombie flicks in the future.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
His Halloween remake was terribad. I even booed at the end of the movie after seeing it in theaters.

I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses. I probably won't see this though as I'm not into the horror genre nearly as much as I used to be.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I liked his Halloween remakes, just because i am a fan of the series and thought they were better than everything after the original 3... Not great but OK.

Corpses and Devils Rejects were just awesome. I really liked Devils Rejects alot, very different movies with some completely fucked up characters.

Chicken Fuckers?!?! YES!

This should be interesting at least.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Rob zombie should go kiss and make up with all his White Zombie band mates and get back to making music as White Zombie. Probably in the top 10 of best metal albums made in the 90s.

rrr_img_11603.jpg
rrr_img_11604.jpg

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you want to see the dumbest shit ever put on any form of screen go watch his The Haunted World of El Superbeasto. Shit is so bad it blows my mind. I made it about 15 minutes into it.

I didn't really "get" House of a Thousand Corpses draw even though it came highly recommended by a friend. I enjoyed Devil's Rejects and Halloween was barely passable. I'll watch this on DVD probably but have never really been a fan of Zombie's work.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rob zombie should go kiss and make up with all his White Zombie band mates and get back to making music as White Zombie. Probably in the top 10 of best metal albums made in the 90s.

rrr_img_11603.jpg
rrr_img_11604.jpg
^^^^^^this times a million. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED ASTROCREEP 2000 SO FUCKING MUCH!!!!!!!!

hebelly deluxe was good too and scum of the earth was aight. couldnt tell you what came afterward becayse it sucked cack. bring back white zombie and tell that fucking bitch of a wife if she wants to be in movies so fucking bad then she needs to take some fucking acting lessons. bitch be terrible. yoko ono 2.0. there is a reason why she only appears in RZ's stuff. fucker put her in all his videos, even shit he directed. cunt even managed to weasel her way into the Stillborn video by Black Label Society. motherfucker!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
His Halloween I I thought was pretty decent.. Halloween II, let us never ever speak of that.