Robert the Bruce (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Robert the Bruce (2019)

Genre: History

Director: Richard Gray

Cast: Zach McGowan, Angus Macfadyen, Emma Kenney, Jared Harris, Talitha Bateman, Gabriel Bateman, Melora Walters, Patrick Fugit, Daniel Portman, Kevin McNally, Anna Hutchison

Release: 2019-06-23

Runtime: 123

Plot: The story of nobleman-turned-outlaw hero who was was crowned king of Scots in the 14th century.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So... they're making a sequel to Braveheart with the budget of a school play. There's so little information available about this that it's most assuredly a failed production of some sort that is a "straight to video" sort of deal.

Has

The same Robert from the first movie
Jared Harris (Chernobyl/Mad Men)
Podrick from GoT
Charles Vane from Black Sails

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The same Robert from the first movie

More famously known as Nicholas Quinn, the guy who stole Sarah Walker's memories and ruined Chuck Bartowski's marriage. This guys a PRICK! :)

Edit: Movie actually likes fine. I'll watch it!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Trailer didn't hold my attention the whole way. First half seemed pretty good, fell off pretty rapidly after that. I'm sure i'll still be watching it tho.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Didnt Chris Pine just do this?
It seems Robert the Bruce is all the rage nowadays.

The Chris Pine one actually wasn't bad, imo, especially for a Netflix/non-theatrical film. And it had some of the most accurate costuming and prop design that I've ever seen in a medieval movie, which makes the history nerd in me extremely happy.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This looks good and I think its cool they got the same guy from Braveheart.

Though...the dude whos hunting him in the trailer....is that fucking Jody from Shameless? lol

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Bruce has gotten fucking fat (I parallel him since the time of Breaveheart) although he looks to have shed a few pounds for the role.

And then the trailer showed major roles of kids and I immediately NOPE to a never watch.

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Why isn't half the cast black? Isn't this film taking history seriously? Will not watch.

• 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database