Robin Hobb - New Fitz/Fool Trilogy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
All I will say is the new trilogy has the perfect ending for Fitz, the Fool, and Nighteyes. Definitely worth reading.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Only like 35% in and I want to punch the Fool more and more.

Oh and Dwalia need to die a slow and painful death.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I had read the original trilogy and then the tawny man trilogy awhile back, so I decided to reread those before going into this last trilogy.

Just finished Assassins fate, and the whole series is just depressing. I mean I really like it, but at the same time it's hard to have Fitz get shit on so often (some self inflicted). On the ending:

It was as good an ending as I could have imagined, but come on. Give Fitz a little bit of time with Bee. She loses her father, nighteyes, and the only person who can help her with her dreams. And having Chade just fade away off screen was some bullshit.

I really really don't like how Fitz doesn't remember anything that Verity tells him in the skill pillar at the end. It just seems lazy, giving nighteyes the motivation to push him to create his dragon while at the same time not having to explain to the reader the skill current and what goes on in there.

I wonder if there will be any effect on his "dragon" that he had the wit. We know that all it takes to wake the dragons is wit and blood.

Also, Nettle is a cunt and definitely my least favorite of the extended cast of characters. After all the shit that happens to Bee, she cares more about small appearances than her well being. "I know you were tortured and kidnapped, but you can't be seen talking to a stable boy that went with your father and rescued you!" At least Thick was helping her out.

Malkav

French Madman
The last few chapters were definitely brutal.
Seeing Fitz slowly dying like that was a tear-jerker

Haka

N00b
I read all of these books over the summer, if you haven't read any of them I give a strong recommendation for them even if you only have a cursory interest in the genre. Hobb creates a world and a cast of characters that you really grow to care for.

Especially
Nighteyes. Man, when he died I was legit depressed for a day or two.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user