Robin Williams found dead

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never really considered myself a fan of his. But looking at his repertoire of films there are a ton I really enjoyed.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really shocked. Lost a genious and someone who i ended up growing up with thanks to his movies / shows.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
His work inGood Morning, Vietnamwas really inspiring. He had virtually no script when he was on air, and he came up with much of it on the spot. Fully immersed himself in the culture of the time enough to crack wise about historically accurate facts.

What a funny, tortured man. It's a shame.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Fuck.

Saw the man on stage. It was during a tour for an HBO special that I'd unfortunately already seen. But you know what? It didn't fucking matter. The man was such a presence. His energy was enormous. He filled the auditorium, and even though I was basically in the back row, you still felt he was right there, in your face. I don't think there's been a night in my life where I've laughed more.

This is going to hit my dad particularly hard. He's been a huge fan since the early days of his career.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Good Morning, Vietnam and Hook are among my favorite movies, so much so that I actually own Pan's Gold Sword used in the movie Hook (one of a couple they had made for it) and a pair of headphones he wore in the movie Good Morning Vietnam while broadcasting his show. I'm pretty gutted over his death.
frown.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
This news makes me profoundly sad. More sad than I would have thought. I just don't know what else to say

Erie_sl

shitlord
Wow.. this is the first suicide (most likely) that has really shocked me. Michael Jackson was a little before my time, and in that way I only knew him as the guy who didn't like himself (so many surgeries), so that wasn't all that surprising. But Robin Williams, never seen the guy without a smile and it always seemed genuine.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
99% of the time I just shrug when an actor dies because I did not know them. That was the charm of Robin Williams. You only needed to watch him act or do his stand-ups and it was like you knew him. That was his genious and now it is gone. A sad day indeed. If I did cocaine, I would snort a line for him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was a huge fan of his serious roles mostly, so many great films. awakenings, fisher king the world according to garp and he was excellent in good will hunting. sad to see him go.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Ugh. So I had to tell my dad, because I knew he would want to know. He reacted like I'd physically punched him.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if Jonathan Winters dying last year had a role to play in Robin Williams depression getting worse. It has been reported that they were very close friends and Mr. Winters had been his idol and mentor. Winters also, quite famously, suffered from mental illness.