Robocraft

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I did a search for this game but didn't find anything, sorry if there is already a topic I didn't see.

I gave this game a shot over the weekend and it's pretty fun, if limited, (only 3 maps right now) but it is only in an alpha state right now and it's ftp. Basically you build a robot using progressively better materials as you level up and unlock them. You earn points by taking part in multiplayer battles. You can buy points as well, but as far as I know you can earn everything without spending any cash, it just of course takes longer. There are 10 tiers of robots, each module or cube has a set value and as you add more stuff to your robot, you go up in tiers. The battles, at least at the lower end, are almost always just the same tier robots, occasionally I would see a couple tier 2 robots per side in my tier 1 battles, but mostly just tier 1s.

The tech unlocking is tier based, the beginning techs take tier 1 points which you earn by doing battles in a tier 1 robot, then to earn tier 2 tech points you need to battle in a tier 2 robot, etc.

Anyways, I thought this might interest a few people here, and as it's free to play you don't have much to lose aside from your time.

Website for the game isROBOCRAFT | BUILD DRIVE FIGHT

If anyone ends up liking it my in game name is the same as my forum handle, would love to get some team action going.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow is this the only thread on this? Did a search but no luck, pretty sure I'm playing this because of a thread here. Game is amazing, you build your own stuff like Minecraft but then you fight with the vehicles you made
smile.png

There have been a few updates which have made thisF2P Online Lego Vehicle FPSeven better:
*1 day free premium (just extra money, not pay to win) for Haloween, made better by the 5% money bonus you get for other premium users in the game. I'm getting nearly 200% sometimes today.
*Legs have been added so you can make walkers which can walk up cliffs and hang upside down.
*Healing rays have been added so you can repair damaged vehicles.
*You don't lose money for repairs anymore, repairs are free so it is possible to progress at a reasonable pace.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was pretty sad that this post got no responses back when I originally posted it, I thought a few bros here would be into it. Glad to see someone else is into it now. I see you're in the U.K. Chris, I live in Europe too so maybe our availability will match up and we can pew pew together. PM me or let me know here if you have any interest!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Actually having a lot of fun with this, although I seem to suck badly. Aevry_RR in game.

Rime

<Donor>
It is a fun game.

They have finally started to crack down/ban the speed-fire hackers that had been murdering the game over the last few weeks.

Plasma bombers are still OP.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Hovering around T-5 / T-6 with my land rail tank. I could spend hours designing these things. It's great that you have to actually engineer vehicles well, otherwise they perform like a shit sandwich.

my current baby;
rrr_img_81096.jpg

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Sounds like I'm right at the same spot as you Avery, just started doing T6 matchups. I had a very similar configuration for my bot until I discovered these tutorials:

Core Building Tutorial:

Wheel/Hoverblade Skirting:

Hardpoint Skirting:

I basically rebuilt my bot exclusively using the methods in the videos above. Each gun/hoverblade has its own node with proper skirting and they are all linked back to the central reinforced core. This way only one component can get blown off at a time without affecting any of the others. Its a MASSIVE improvement to the monolithic skin that I used to have draped over everything. For top protection I basically build a 'roll cage' over the pilots seat which is connected to the two side nodes, that way top damage doesn't hurt the core at all, I removed it in the screenshot so you can get a better idea of the rest of the armor config.

CjxoqOn.jpg

Intropy

Shit Gamer
1 Day free premium available due to server downtime, code is ROBOSHIELD-91827, good way to grind through some tiers really quickly on the weekend.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Starting to get the hang of this.

In T7. Got a glass cannon walker with rudders, jet engines and 4 sniper guns. I can vertically take off and land anywhere I like and start sniping, then walk down behind a cliff to reload. I can also fly around like a plane and snipe though it's slightly harder to aim is surprisingly stable considering what most newbie efforts are like. I got 6 kills in one match today which is my record now
smile.png

My tip is get 3 rudders on the back of ANY medium sized/speed vechicle you have so you can glide, use a few jets to keep you in the air (they are smaller than wings).

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I am cleaning up in T7 as a landtank railgun. I love seeing people lazily turn through the air moments before 4 bolts of blue death rain upon them. I do get screwed over when a SMG comes after me though unless they have a terrible design.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, premium really speeds up the cashflow. I might have to throw them a bone once the freebie wears off.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Played my first boss battle last night as the BOSS! Funniest thing ever running around and blowing up all the noobs, meanwhile they're surrounding you trying to light you up with their pea shooters. I was just barely T8, and got matched against 15 or so T2 players.

I was in my beefy SMG hover, which I think is pretty much the ideal vehicle for playing as the boss in this mode. It only took 3-4 hits to destroy/totally disable all the little guys. Didn't take any serious damage, although my guns were all black by the end of it. I think trying to do this mode using a bot with a slow rate of fire (Rail or Plasma) would be a lot more difficult. You really need to be able to stand up and take a lot of hits and pick people off as quickly as possible. Anyway, highly recommended! Short lived match but probably the most fun I've had playing this game yet! Can't wait to do it again!

Vinlorin

Trakanon Raider
Evan though i basically suck at the game I've been having some fun with this today and thought I'd bump this again in case anyone else missed it like i did the first time.

I think i spend more time actually designing robots over fighting with them but I'm starting to grind more now to unlock the cooler modules.I'm only T3 so still using land vehicles but looking forward to T4 and up so i can have some cheesy rail snipers/plasma bomber fun.

This is my current basic SMG tank design but still lack the cpu power to skirt it correctly without a re-design:

rrr_img_82045.jpg

rrr_img_82046.jpg

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
That's kinda similar to my smg tank (started off as a buggy) design. I decided to go with 4 wheels instead of 6, it helps with the cpu issues.

By the way, try to get to t5 kinda quick. The cash is much better and people are still terrible, plus you can get in games with people that play medic vehicles. Tier 5 also has a bunch of people that are trying out their fliers. SMG > flying vehicle (at least at t5). just remember to shoot one turret a a time with the xhairs centered on the vehicle andand you can take them down in a hurry. Keep an eye on the map/rradar tho
smile.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Go down to 4 tyres and put blocks around the tyres, you shouldn't be able to see them.

Then have the front gun 1 block high, the middle as they are and the back guns 3 blocks high. Otherwise you won't have 6 shots hit the target since the guns will block each other. As you get more CPU consider having two guns on the front row, you can only fire 6 but the 7th will act as a backup.

Triforcing on the gun emplacements looks OK
smile.png
Once you get rudders this design will turn into a glider quite easily and will be able to drive up cliffs to nice sniper spots with some jet engines!