The Protomen - "Light Up The Night"
The Who - "The Seeker"
Tijuana Sweetheart - "Pistol Whipped"
Van Halen - "Panama"
Van Morrison - "Brown Eyed Girl"
White Denim - "At Night In Dreams"

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Just got an email notice that my order will be delivered tomorrow and that most of the DLC is up for redownloading onto your XB1/PS4. I'm not sure about PS4 but on XB1 it is pretty big pain in the ass. No way to auto que them up so you either need to load up Rock Band 3 and look through your catalog or look up your Xbox download history to see what all you have, and as of a couple hours ago the download has to be done through the console rather than the web store and you can't download the packs; you have to select the pack/album and individually que up the songs. Even with all that I'm still excited as it's been a long time since I've hosted a beer and Rock Band party, plus the fact that all my old plastic instruments work with the new game with that adapter makes me happy not having to drop $250 on it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game snuck up on me. I knew Fall release, but hadn't been paying attention. Of course it drops when I don't have a job and can't afford it, but I do have quite a few Ps4 games I don't play and I'm gonna see about trade in value.

It'll be sad to lose all the songs I've purchased on Xbox, but I suppose if I'm gonna make the full switch to the PSN eco system, now is as good of a time as any.

Edit: Yeah, oops. Forgot game values tank big time. My trade in values for games that are a year old are worth total like $20. Never mind!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This game snuck up on me. I knew Fall release, but hadn't been paying attention. Of course it drops when I don't have a job and can't afford it, but I do have quite a few Ps4 games I don't play and I'm gonna see about trade in value.

It'll be sad to lose all the songs I've purchased on Xbox, but I suppose if I'm gonna make the full switch to the PSN eco system, now is as good of a time as any.

Edit: Yeah, oops. Forgot game values tank big time. My trade in values for games that are a year old are worth total like $20. Never mind!
For the amount of money spent on songs for RB2/3 throughout the years on my Xbox 360, I just decided to buy the XBox One a few months ago and when RB4 comes out just buy it for that platform. The amount of money I would have to spend to get all those songs back would be more than buying an Xbox One.

Too bad they do not make it cross platform. (Licensing issues I am sure)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No cross-platform DLC songs is the killer for me. I'm not buying an XBox One just for this game, yet I don't want to buy the PS4 version and not have all my songs.

Will probably just play it at friends houses.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's what you get for being on the XBro train for so long. Ultimately, if you want to play the game, Utnayan has the best plan for people in that boat. Plus since the XBone is likely not to be used for anything else, you should have plenty of HD space for the songs. For my part, the wife and I upgraded the HD on all of our PS4s with SSD Hybrids about a month ago to get ready for this. I believe she is working from home and downloading songs en masse as I type this.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah downloading your old dlc is a mess. I'm hoping it's easier from in game than trying to deal with a fuckton of songs in the store with no apparent way to see that you already own it or have already downloaded it. Mine should be here today. Maybe people at work wont notice me carrying it out to my Jeep and disappearing for the rest of the day! I'm also hoping it sells well because the mad catz stock I bought at 37 cents is moving.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On PS4 it's a lot easier using the in game store to download your old DLC.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My wife made me run out this morning and buy this for the PS4. It sucks losing our DLC from XBox but it didn't make sense to buy a XBone + Rock Band 4 for the DLC we had.

Right now her biggest complaint is how hard it is to activate Overdrive Mode. She really has to yank on the guitar to activate it.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Wish the store was better at detecting what my band owns. We sat down and went song by song with each account to get everything. Seems a lot of stuff is still missing...guess the licensing fell through for some stuff?

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wish the store was better at detecting what my band owns. We sat down and went song by song with each account to get everything. Seems a lot of stuff is still missing...guess the licensing fell through for some stuff?
I don't think they have a way to do the on disc stuff yet from the previous stuff. They are still figuring it out and then you'll be able to download it. I know I used to own all the doors songs and it tells me I need to pay for them. They hinted on social media that announcement is coming soon concerning the Rock Band 3 on disc songs. It sounds like they are getting the licensing worked out for that. Also, they said if you purchased a song and the licensing went away, you still will be able to download it because you own it. Generally missing stuff just isn't working yet.

Honestly, you can really tell they needed money and they shipped a game on a new engine with very basic features. There's no Online play, no set list creation for quick play mode, very little in the way of customization, not being able to make custom stand-ins, the filters for song selection (They should have just copied rock band 3's UI for that), add in all the issues of DLC. I don't know who thought it was cool to have people click on every single song in the store to see if they previously owned it.

With that said, if they start fixing that stuff and with their plans to use this as a platform rather than shipping sequels, it should turn into a great game. The fact that I had a solid 80-85% of my DLC made me happy. I had over 600 songs without the on disc stuff that hasn't been working yet.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The interface has taken a big step backward, which I assume is from their limited budget and including old DLC. I could also do without the little SJW concessions they snuck in, but I guess they hit piece scared them into towing that line. Getting delays calibrated correctly has been a pain in the ass, mostly due to the limits of HDMI and going through our receiver.

The one thing that pisses me off is the lack of surround sound, which is fucking inexcusable.

Crone

This or guitar hero live? Anyone heard?

Time to start Google'ing for comparison reviews.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i hate this fucking game. Now my wife wanted me to not only take out the old PS2 to play DDR, but now she wants rocksmith and an electric guitar too, amazon orders coming in monday.

Oh and DDR is a pain, b/c i have 50lb metal pads, not those cheap ass plastic shits.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I went with Rock Band since I hate activision just a little bit more then EA, and I think Rock Band is on the right path (no gimmicks, just one disk the rest will be DLC).

Granted, Rock Band feels a little incomplete at the moment, but it's only going to get better as they add more of the songs back, let us import our disks, etc.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm still pissed at them for removing online competitive modes from RB3. That just blew my mind as it was one of the best features of RB2. Until they add it back in I'm not buying another RB game.

I finally got customs set up on RB3 so it's like a new game for me now, except with shitloads of good songs to choose from (unlike the extremely weak setlists of the new GH/RB games).

Crone

I'm still pissed at them for removing online competitive modes from RB3. That just blew my mind as it was one of the best features of RB2. Until they add it back in I'm not buying another RB game.

I finally got customs set up on RB3 so it's like a new game for me now, except with shitloads of good songs to choose from (unlike the extremely weak setlists of the new GH/RB games).
Customs? You imported songs into rb3? You're not talking about rocksmith?

Edit: And not having the money right now to buy RB4 or GHL, has taught me at least one thing. I don't really need either of those games, but I do want to play a guitar rhythem game. I'm online now looking to see who has a RB3 guitar for sale, as I have the game already for 360.
smile.png
I figure this is the cheaper way to go for right now.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes, it's actually pretty easy to do on xbox with a flash drive (assuming you have the original disk). I never really looked into it before but I saw some guy streaming RB3 and he had a link to this site (Customs Creators Collective | Upgrades. Customs. Conversions. FUN.) which led me to setting it up. There's a thread on their forums with instructions on how to do it and a couple of databases with download links to a bunch of songs... also a bunch of threads with other songs people have created.

Crone

So been trying to find someone on Craigslist selling an RB3 guitar, and it's been impossible. Of course none of the Gamestop's or other game shops have them anymore. As I type this, I just thought of Ebay... why do I always forget Ebay? Damn it!

With any luck, I'll be able to pick up the guitar, and be able to get the customs going. Look forward to some jamming!

Edit: Since when did RB3 guitars become collector items? Some guitars in box unopened going for $200+ ? wtf? lol...

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
You're going to laugh, but we were in a similar situation and found our answer at Main Event. We talked to a manager and basically agreed that we'd spend ~100 on games that gave tickets, and he'd discount the guitar for us. He didn't want it in his arcade, but he couldn't outright sell it to us, so it worked out nicely.