<Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Roger Waters: The Wall

Genre: Documentary, Music

Director: Sean Evans, Roger Waters

Cast: Roger Waters, Dave Kilminster, Graham Broad, Snowy White, Jon Carin

Release: 2014-09-29

Runtime: 133

Plot: A concert film that the former Pink Floyd singer-songwriter made on various tour dates between 2010 and 2013, when he was playing his former group's 1980 double-album in its entirety.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 98539[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Roger Waters: The Wall (2014)

Genre: [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Sean Evans[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Roger Waters[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Roger Waters[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-09-29[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]133[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A concert film that the former Pink Floyd singer-songwriter made on various tour dates between 2010 and 2013, when he was playing his former group's 1980 double-album in its entirety.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

This looks amazing. For me, one of the greatest musical works ever recorded. Cant wait to see this.

Roger Waters The Wall

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
oFPVC3ival04a9Yijm716QXOsCA.jpg

Title: Roger Waters: The Wall

Genre: Documentary, Music

Director: Sean Evans, Roger Waters

Cast: Roger Waters, Dave Kilminster, Graham Broad, Snowy White, Jon Carin

Release: 2014-09-29

Runtime: 133

Plot: A concert film that the former Pink Floyd singer-songwriter made on various tour dates between 2010 and 2013, when he was playing his former group's 1980 double-album in its entirety.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Saw the live show in Edmonton a couple years ago. It was indeed pretty incredible.

iannis

Musty Nester
Man I wish he'd named it something else.

They already have Pink Floyd The Wall. He really should have named it something else. He's good enough in his own right that he shouldn't have to trade on that album. Kinda smells like a marketing decision.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Man I wish he'd named it something else.

They already have Pink Floyd The Wall. He really should have named it something else. He's good enough in his own right that he shouldn't have to trade on that album. Kinda smells like a marketing decision.
I hear you, and I am a big Pink Floyd fan, however, there truly is something special when Roger performs the Wall vs the other members. Don't get me wrong, they do a fine job, and I love Floyd with and without Roger, but Roger truly owns the Wall in every sense and conveys the spirit of the album in a way that no one truly can. I imagine its a result of it being such a personal body of work for him.

If you can't wait for the film, here is an amazing compilation of the entire San Francisco show.

https://vimeo.com/61949297

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Any Pink Floyd without Gilmour sounds lame. Waters can't sing for shit.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hmm, didn't realize how long ago this was released.

Finally got around to seeing it just this weekend. As the film starts, I was a little surprised when I realized that they were doing it, with Roger doing his documentary / movie about finding some form of closure re: his Father's death - that storyline is shown in small grabs intercut with the concert footage.

So I was really unsure about that . . .

But I ended up really liking it being done that way. The album, has been around forever and we ( people who will watch this - ie big PF fans ) all know it by heart. So dropping out of it and then transitioning back, didn't feel like it ruined the pace or feel of it. Saying that though, I can also fully understand others might watch it and are just wanting to see the concert footage straight and wont like it, each to their own I guess.

As to why I liked it: well the album has from day 1, being such a personal insight into Water's own life and personal struggles, so then having a present day catch up with him as he faces some of his own life's history that he has clearly chosen not to do, until now when he's getting old himself. He had never visited the memorial grounds where his father's name is listed. These segments are a semi-documentary style, all are shot very well. A few of the scenes, are done as a set up movie type scene, but the dialogue is all based on reality. It feels like they've re-done a conversation he might have had some years earlier, but doing that makes sense, as those conversations are very central to what this is all about.

The concert footage is brilliantly well shot. We do see the mechanics of it all as we see the stagehands putting the bricks in during the show, obviously more of the musicians and performers than we ever could during the show. But also the total spectacle of the wall with its massive size covered in projected footage and imagery. I'd forgotten some of the things that had happened, it was such an overload of visuals and sound at the time.

Highly recommend.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database