Rogue Legacy

Mire_sl

shitlord
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241600/

Wonderboy / Metroid / Castlevania all in one. Somewhat randomly generate dungeons, tons of loot, grinding...completely addicted to this game for the past 3 days. Make sure you have a controller. If you can get through this game with a keyboard, hats off to you...

Oh..and it's quite difficult.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is my #1 target for the Summer Sale. Too bad it hasn't been a featured item yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Think it was on the first day? Not sure thought I saw it, bought it a week ago though so whatever. Played it for a bit, I find it a bit too grindy and dislike the randomization of the classes you can pickup, but it's otherwise pretty fun and certainly plenty difficult(well as long as you try to progress decently, you can just grind yourself to godlike status). Oh also not a fan of the balance specifically for spells and spellcaster classes. Other than spellblade it felt all very gimmicky due to the limited amount of mp and the damage from spells seemingly not scaling very well(don't think spells can crit so that's a lot of lost DPS).

Still played it for like 15 or 20hours so a good investment imo and I wasn't close to maxing out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I got through it in 14 hours and 143 dead offspring, tried playing through a new game plus, and uninstalled it.

I.

Suck.

It's a game I would totally recommend to anyone who is interested in the idea of roguey metroidvania game but I'm not sure how much actual "fun" I had playing it.

Wuwei_sl

shitlord
I had fun playing through it (with keyboard)! The gameplay is mostly very addictive, but also somewhat tedious and repeatative at times (grinding <3).

Overall, it's a fun game with good game progression where the upgrades greatly impact your in-game performance, chances of progressison and sense of accomplishment. Recommended.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does the combat system ever get more complex? Seems hard to get involved in a game where combat is jumping around and swinging a sword in one way.

Moebiwan

shitlord
No, it never gets any more complex. That said, the combat system never bored me, and I played the crap out of this for quite a number of hours (30+).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its also bring ported to PS4 in Feb or so likely as a PS+ freebie I'd wager. (Since Contrast was indie, Don't Starve for Jan confirmed for EU, seems to fit as another top notch indie)