Roguelike

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME). Had a lot of fun with this one. My dad was addicted to it badly for a month or two. Great game, and very active community and devs.

http://te4.org/

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, this one is definitely my favorite so far.
It should last you a while...tons of classes to unlock...have fun
smile.png

smile.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I believe you can just play Nethack on Android, but otherwise no, I've not found any original roguelikes on any mobile platform =\

Faster Than Light (you should already have this) is pretty awesome, and I'll second Dungeons of Dredmor as well (fucking 120 hours on that stupid game).

velk

Trakanon Raider
Okay, this one is definitely my favorite so far.
Yeah ToME is my pick for best of the current roguelikes. There is a huge number of classes and they are all very unique - the default talent trees put most AAA games to shame, plus the various ones unlockable via ingame events for further customisation.

About the only downside is the world is mostly static ( dungeons move around but the world map remains the same from game to game ). Characters are insanely powerful, but it's still hard as hell ( I offer a 'fuck you, right in the ear' to the named luminous horrors and headless abominations ;p ).

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Never played a roguelike but from the description it sounds right up my alley. Outside of the suggestions here, are there any classics or must-play roguelikes?

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I started off with nethack. Didn't like the super old school inventory gui and quit out after about 20 minutes. I don't want to have to look at lists and remember what letter is short for a specific item. Went to te4 and got a couple friends on board lastnight. Played it for about 4 hours straight. Ended up with about 8 character deaths, but still really enjoyed it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I checked out te4 last night too, and it's a lot more fun than I expected. I first played NetHack back in the 80's, and don't really have the patience for the truly 'old school' games anymore.

Also checked Sword of the Stars - The Pit too, and didn't care for it much. It just doesn't seem to have that much depth to it compared to what one would expect from a roguelike. I'd be a lot more inclined to donate to te4 than buy The Pit, that's for sure.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I started off with nethack. Didn't like the super old school inventory gui and quit out after about 20 minutes. I don't want to have to look at lists and remember what letter is short for a specific item. Went to te4 and got a couple friends on board lastnight. Played it for about 4 hours straight. Ended up with about 8 character deaths, but still really enjoyed it.
You should try unlocking skeletons and making a skeleton archer. Crazy strong at lower levels, especially against adventurer parties - love splattering them all over the landscape with a scatter shot from behind cover ;p

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Dungeons of Dredmore is a pretty fun graphical roguelike, if you don't mind monkey cheese randomness and nerd jokes.