Roman Empire

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Roman Empire

Genre: Drama, Documentary

First aired: 2016-11-11

Creator: Richard Lopez

Cast: Sean Bean

Overview: This stylish mix of documentary and historical epic chronicles the reign of Commodus, the emperor whose rule marked the beginning of Rome's fall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is a pretty solid show. The first season deals with Commodus and season 2 just came out about Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus but the focus is on Caesar. It's really well made for a hybrid documentary/tv show. Some cheesy graphics here and there. If you're interested in Roman history it's really freaking good.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was Commodus the guy who invented the toilet?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
So history records the date of Caesar's assassination on March 15th, 44 B.C. Near the end of the show's last episode it correctly begins with the title page "March 15th", before leading up to his murder. Once the deed is done the narrator proclaims that "on the 14th of March, 44 B.C, Julius Caeser is stabbed 23 times". I first thought I heard it wrong, but checked both english and other language subs to verify their inaccuracy as well.

Despite the blunder worth the watch.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So history records the date of Caesar's assassination on March 15th, 44 B.C. Near the end of the show's last episode it correctly begins with the title page "March 15th", before leading up to his murder. Once the deed is done the narrator proclaims that "on the 14th of March, 44 B.C, Julius Caeser is stabbed 23 times". I first thought I heard it wrong, but checked both english and other language subs to verify their inaccuracy as well.

Despite the blunder worth the watch.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I was like wtf?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is a pretty solid show. The first season deals with Commodus and season 2 just came out about Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus but the focus is on Caesar. It's really well made for a hybrid documentary/tv show. Some cheesy graphics here and there. If you're interested in Roman history it's really freaking good.
You failed to mention the titties.

Siliconemelons

S1 E1 down- I think this type of documentary needs to be shown in schools as it will engage kids.

Tits and blood awareness form sent home before its shown, ofc bc we r murica and tits make kids shoot people.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
S1 E1 down- I think this type of documentary needs to be shown in schools as it will engage kids.

Tits and blood awareness form sent home before its shown, ofc bc we r murica and tits make kids shoot people.
UNFORTUNATELY, we did not get to see Lucilla's amazing jugs.

Siliconemelons

1 long episode in, its awesome like the rest. So far its not as "big" as the rest with battles and shit- but its very political, and that is the nature of this era - and to be expected as we are still stuck in Capri. I think that is also why they did the intro the way they did to get ya hooked knowing the first stint is kinda meh.

funny in timeline it is season 2, 1, 3?

Siliconemelons

I think it was more of a choice of "what would people be interested in" at first, and then get a sort of progression. At one point they actually swapped the seasons orders to be chronological but I think they put them back to release.

They need to release a blurred version for schools - docu's like this kids would watch and be interested in. I say blurred vs cut, as in general most of their nudity or violence is not meaningless and esp with caligula PART of the history that is rome.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database