Run Hide Fight (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Run Hide Fight (2020)

Genre: Thriller, Action

Director: Kyle Rankin

Cast: Isabel May, Thomas Jane, Radha Mitchell, Eli Brown, Treat Williams, Barbara Crampton, Catherine Davis, Tom Williamson, Britton Sear, Cyrus Arnold, Nate Boyer, Bryan Massey, David Docobo, Olly Sholotan, Martin Elfrey, Desarae A. Dotson, Mely Quan, Tony Spurgin

Release: 2020-09-10

Runtime: 109

Plot: 17-year-old Zoe Hull uses her wits, survival skills, and compassion to fight for her life, and those of her fellow classmates, against a group of live-streaming school shooters.

spronk

FPS noob
Saw torrents of this pop up on IPT and never heard about it

trailer

its apparently getting some buzz because its the first movie produced by the Daily Caller, which I think is Ben Shapiro's site? I'm not totally up to date on that political stuff.

usually not the kind of movie I'd watch but I really enjoyed The Hunt and this seems to be in that sorta vein

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My favorite treat is in this!

gonna be good chesapeake shores GIF by Hallmark Channel

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Strong empowered woman fights evil white males (insert political issue).
download.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hot take, bro.
It's being review bombed by critics (because of association to the Daily Wire) while holding an audience score of 90-95% on RT and Metacritic.
Did you watch it? How much does it align with the synopsis: "17-year-old Zoe Hull uses her wits, survival skills, and compassion to fight for her life, and those of her fellow classmates, against a group of live-streaming school shooters."

I'm genuinely curious.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This looks awful. It’s a good idea but the villains are laughable at best, and the idea that 200 swat members don’t shut that down in 9 minutes and let’s them play Die Hard in the school is not real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Did you watch it? How much does it align with the synopsis: "17-year-old Zoe Hull uses her wits, survival skills, and compassion to fight for her life, and those of her fellow classmates, against a group of live-streaming school shooters."

I'm genuinely curious.

Looks available in the usual places. I will check it out and report back.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm genuinely curious.

Pretty damn spot-on. It was actually really good, and didn’t fall into any of the usual wokeisms.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty damn spot-on. It was actually really good, and didn’t fall into any of the usual wokeisms.
If Ben Shapiro produced it, I would be shocked if it was full of woke-isms, unless it was poking fun of them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's Pickle Rick but instead of a pickle it's a girl.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My very anti-woke buddy saw this and said its really good. I dont sail the high seas nor subscribe to that site, so likely wont see it, but Id watch it otherwise.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched the first half last night and it was a pretty brutal watch. I think Breakdown Breakdown called it though. I spent most of the time watching it wondering how this plan could ever work in real life as the place would be swarming with cops in minutes.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean, if they want go that route then fine, Female Die Hard in a School could work, if they werent so fucking blatant about it. I mean maybe im the ass for taking some things to serious, but they really expect us t believe in 2020 that a Van can drive throuugh a wall, into a school cafeteria, people can start shooting kids and staff left and right, and no one else in the school would notice? An in fact someone would need to steal a phone, call the head office which is a couple hundred yards away to tell them there is a active shooter, at which point the school doesnt go into lockdown, but says, "WELL OUR POLICY IS WE CANT LOCKDOWN UNTIL SOMEONE SEES A SHOOTING IN PERSON" which results in the Principal dying the stupidest dearth ive ever seen.

Also, I can buy a bunch of high school kids getting access to guns from their families, I was shocked to see a kid with an antique MP40 lay waste to a swat team. And lets not even ask how a bunch of emo 17 year olds were able to build and rig dozens of gas bombs and set up fake passports and bug out money.

This was literally like they took a movie about Female Die Hard vs Terrorists, then just skinned it to School shooting. I mean beat for beat, this is die hard and they stole most of the big set pieces and re skinned it all.

and let me be clear, This isnt at all woke or Female empowerment, but its 100 percent jsut a hackey rip off poorly done.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My very anti-woke buddy saw this and said its really good. I dont sail the high seas nor subscribe to that site, so likely wont see it, but Id watch it otherwise.

Im guessing your buddy is the type that really likes Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets....

• 2Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will say this, at least for me, seeing that it is kids shooting kids in a school, is just harder to watch.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not too much, this has psycho Columbine kids brutally executing their fellow students. Toy Soldiers reminded me more of Red Dawn.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database