Runes of Magic

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
http://us.runesofmagic.com/us/home.html

Friend of mine wants to play a new MMO and seems to have her heart seat on this thing. Never heard of it before and don't see a thread on it, so I figured I'd ask.

It has some weird class thing that sounds like FF11's Jobs-thing... kinda:

Your First Character

Determine the gender, hairstyle/colour, complexion, facial structure, and other external features of your character.

You must also select a race and a class.

Race determines your starting area. Each race begins their journey from a different place.
Class determines your skill set.
Don?t want to be tied down to just one class? Then you?ll surely be interested in the multiple class system.

Multiple Class System

What kind of experience are you after?

Harnessing the power of magic?
Utilising the strength of your own body?
Spirited battles at the front lines?
Surprise attacks from afar?
Supporting allies as a healer?
Taking one for the team as a tank?

With the multiple class system, you can incorporate the skills of three such classes into one character. For example, you could combine the Rogue?s dagger with the arrows of a Scout. That way, you would have a fierce melee fighter who can also inflict serious long-range damage.

Class Roles

Primary Class
One of your three classes will be your primary class. You will have the entire skill set of this class at your disposal on your travels. Experience and Talent Points (XP and TP) are applied to your primary class.

Secondary Class
One of your two remaining classes will be your secondary class. You will be able to draw upon its general and elite skills, but your secondary class will not gain XP and TP.

Class Assignment
You can change the assignment of your primary and secondary classes as needed. To do so, visit a House Maid or ?Daris? in the Varanas Class Hall.

Taking on New Classes

You start with only one class, but at level 10, you can learn a second skill set by going to the Varanas Class Hall and talking to the class instructor of your choice.

Once you have reached level 20 with both classes, you can take on a third class. To do so, visit Johnny Dutin in the Hall of the Eye of Wisdom in Varanas and complete the quest he assigns you

Note
You can only have one primary class and one secondary class at a time.
The level of your primary class must be higher than the level of your secondary class. If not, then your secondary class will temporarily adjust to match the level of your primary class.
Your items are available to all of your classes.
Anyone have feedback?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Quite possibly the best wow-clone I've ever seen. It's also the most terrible game I've ever played. The job system is nothing like FF. Unless it's been changed, every class combo you play has an ultimate combo kinda thing, I remember that mage/priest was retardedly overpowered for just about everything minus tanking. Friend of mine played a priest/ranger I think and had a GODLY intelligence buff that turned my mage/priest into a crazy one man army. PvP was a shit show with being full loot minus "bound items". It's also a cash shop whore. Killed a guy that didn't drop a thing because he was packing so much bound gear, or gear that couldn't be dropped it wasn't worth the time, this guy must have spend hundreds of real life dollars getting his gear that way. Now, I jumped this guy when he was on about 10% hitpoints with a mob still on him and it still took 3 max nukes to kill him. It was impossible for me to kill him when he wasn't that low. I ended up logging out never to return once I realised just how badly the cash shop screwed this game up.

All in all, it's a free to play WoW, with a cash shop. Good way to blow some time? sure. I'd honestly stay away from it, pick up a co-op game like Borderlands or try something out of your normal MMO experience and play Darkfall.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The very definition of a pay to win game. Unless they plan to play casual, avoid at all costs.

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
The very definition of a pay to win game. Unless they plan to play casual, avoid at all costs.
Exactly what he said, to be in able to just do end game dungeons will run you a few hundred bucks. Then... after that.. you have to spend more on each and ever piece of gear you have to upgrade. Stay far FAR away

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Seemed mildly entertaining until I realized the multiclass system blows. You can't switch your classes like FF11, so you pick primary, pick secondary, and you are done. Meh. Was mildly fun to play for a few hours but not worth sinking lots of time into.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played this a couple years ago. Pretty good for what it is, quit when the Pay to Win aspect slapped me in the face.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game is old, but it'll fill an afternoon of boredom. It's past it's prime (if it had a prime) years ago though. There are better f2p options.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
this is a pay to win wow clone made for ipads

would not bang