Rush - Vapor Trails Remixed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Braen

<Medals Crew>
RollingStone Flash Music Player

Vapor Trails was released in 2002 after a long hiatus for the band after Neil Peart lost his daughter to a car accident and his wife to cancer in the span of a year.

6 years later, the band got together and released Vapor Trails. I love this album. It has some really great riffs and lyrics but, at it's release, the mix was just loud, compressed and muddy. The Guitar, bass, drums and vocals were all competing for limited sonic space and it just sounded like a mess.

Now they have finally released a remix of this album and it sounds excellent. The songs are much cleaner and the bass can be heard along with the other instruments.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I was disappointed in Vapor Trails, I'm looking forward to hearing this remix. Love this group.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Vapor Trails isn't that great. I haven't thought highly of any of the newer releases really. Clockwork Angels is the best so far and I haven't listened to that in over a year.

Krozman

N00b
Seems everyone goes through a Rush phase just like people go through a Zeppelin phase. A lot of their music is great, but I can't say I have any longing to hear it anymore.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Seems everyone goes through a Rush phase just like people go through a Zeppelin phase. A lot of their music is great, but I can't say I have any longing to hear it anymore.
No way! I still love Led Zeppelin and Rush and listen to both somewhat regularly. It's hard to beat Farewell to Kings. One of the greatest albums of all time.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm more of aMoving Picturesand2112guy, but I agree with Alex here. Rush or Zeppelin wasn't a phase for me.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
I'm more of aMoving Picturesand2112guy, but I agree with Alex here. Rush or Zeppelin wasn't a phase for me.
This.

I really look forward to the remastered Vapor Trails though, there's some good songs on there. One Little Victory was the first Rush song I heard (on the soundtrack to a need for speed game of all things), and prompted me to check out the older stuff.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Definitely have to pick this up. I enjoyed a few songs off this album (huge Rush nerd here) with "Earthshine" being my favorite, the main riffs in that song sound so damn good live. Probably in my top 20 Rush songs to here them play live.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I was strolling through the entire house o'music and I came across this thread. 4 years ago my G talked about my favorite band. His favorite Rush tune was YYZ.
4 years seems forever ago and like yesterday at the same time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users