Sabotage starring Arnold Schwarzenegger

spronk

FPS noob

from the director of Training Day, looks good. Just saw Escape Plan (with Rambo and Arnie) and was decent, glad to see Arnie back doing what he does, hope he can keep the new Terminator movie tight.

spronk

FPS noob
nothing to do with the movie but who doesn't love arnie cooking

that sandwich looks disgusting tho

spronk

FPS noob
bluray rips are out, watched it tonight. was a lot better than I was expecting, had a pretty good story, pacing, action scenes, and cinematography. Felt a little too long, especially at the end, but better than the last two Arnold movies. Definitely worth a watch at home especially for any Arnie fan.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it better than Need for Speed? God I hope so. Love old school Schwarzenegger movies but his roles in the latest Stallone stuff have been pretty bad. I really want him to kick ass in this movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It isn't quite what I expected, but I enjoyed it. I'm always up for a "special forces" type movie where people have names like Tripod, Pyro, and Neck though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
his last 2 stallone movies were pretty crap expendables and escape plan, but then that was more stallone tho and very little arnold. this is a pretty good solid "rainbow six" whatever type movie, they even have a few times where they shoot through the reticle like a fps (i have zero army knowledge).

for ppl that watched it.

you think it would have been better if it was left ambiguous and ended when he said "be a good girl and walk away?" right after the chase scene? instead of going to mexico to basically tie up loose ends?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
escape plan is a pretty damned good movie. if you dont like 80s action cheese or dont recognize thats what they were going for here then of course you might feel otherwise.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Did this go straight to DVD or something? Felt it like it got on less screens than his sheriff movie.

spronk

FPS noob
it was in theaters for basically a week, bombed hard

this was definitely better than escape plan or the one where he was a sheriff in a small town, this one had a pretty good story and you weren't really sure what was going on until the end

and yeah lanx
I think the ending was a bit too messy story wise and dragged, while I like the idea of Arnold turning out to be kind of a not-so-good-guy it wasn't done in an elegant way. Dunno how exactly it shoulda been different, but it felt kinda dumb that Arnold would do anything to get revenge but he first needed $10m to pay off some shitty cop to get some info. 80s Arnold woulda ripped that guys arms off!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Better than End of Watch, not as good as street kings and definitely not as good as training day. Itisworth your time if you're on the fence, and yes it's much better than escape plan, the last stand, or the expendables.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Better than End of Watch, not as good as street kings and definitely not as good as training day. Itisworth your time if you're on the fence, and yes it's much better than escape plan, the last stand, or the expendables.
Thanks, I'll watch it this weekend. The next movie for this director is the WWII tank movie Fury.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I liked End of Watch better. It's like they tried to be serious but said fuck it and ended in 80's action hero territory, the kind of movie you expect from Schwarzenegger so no big surprise. Not bad, not great, just familiar territory. They played it safe.

Seems like they could've done more. Maybe commentary on the failed drug war, or on an aging Schwarzenegger? But it's just a murder/mystery turned revenge flick.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was ok. Not terrible, not great. Best thing Arnie has been in for a long time though.