Saints row 4

Caliane

sad they aren't going with the original title of "The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise"

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definite day one buy for me.

(Followed by a lot of bitching about how it's mostly reused assets from SR3's too-small city and like SR3 fails to even remotely live up to SR2, of course.)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm way behind on this series. Playing through the second one right now and I love it. Better than GTAIV by a good amount and I thought GTAIV was bomb.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider

(Followed by a lot of bitching about how it's mostly reused assets from SR3's too-small city and like SR3 fails to even remotely live up to SR2, of course.)
My thoughts exactly. Aug 20th can't come soon enough!

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Dont forget,this game started out as a SR3 expansionthat they decided to flesh out into a full game. It's gonna look and play identical to SR3 and clearly have that same level of insanity.

So long as they dont try to pass off mini-game tutorials as story missions, this game and I will get along...

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that sure as hell looks like Enter the Dominatrix turned into a real title, complete with "Superheroes in Saints Row" plot.

As long as the length is reasonable compared to 3, I don't mind though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont forget,this game started out as a SR3 expansionthat they decided to flesh out into a full game. It's gonna look and play identical to SR3 and clearly have that same level of insanity.
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm not getting my hopes up too much about SR4. I made that mistake with SR3 and ended up very disappointed even though SR3 wasn't a bad game by any means.

I'll be going PC instead of PS3 this time for sure too, no way I'm paying $60 for a glorified expansion when it will likely be ~$36 at GMG.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah i guess the worst thing about them not being part of THQ anymore is the fact that I can't count on it being a 75% off steam sale less than 6 months after release :p

Dom_sl

shitlord
I loves me some Saints Row, and was pumped to see the trailer today. I have my doubts due to Deepsilver being the new publisher, but I'll still check it out.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Some info on SR4 from PAX is coming out and yeah...this is gonna be weird. Spoilered in case someone truly wishes to be surprised when they play this..

? You're now the President of the United States
? Aliens have invaded the Earth and forced you into a virtual reality version of Steelport. It's from here you fight back all Matrix-y with super powers within their version of the world.
? There is a Mech Suit.
? Characters from SR3 can be imported into the new game.

Whole article is here

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Can't wait, third one was really fucking fun.

My thoughts exactly. Aug 20th can't come soon enough!
After looking on the Saint's Row boards for the last few months, I thought I was the only one that loved SR3.
To the new game publisher:

rrr_img_18433.jpg

I'm glad they are using SR3 resources. The motion is damn near perfect, and the visuals of the people are a good mix of cartoony and real without being creepy. Not having to remake the engine hopefully means they were working on content.

rrr_img_18433.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After how much fun the third mission of the Gat dlc was, I'm really glad they're doing something more with super powers.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is SR3 not super cheap anymore? I was looking around and it's 40-50$ basically everywhere now. I thought it went bargain bin after THQ bombed.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Is SR3 not super cheap anymore? I was looking around and it's 40-50$ basically everywhere now. I thought it went bargain bin after THQ bombed.
You should have picked it up for $5 with the THQ Humble Bundle! Sadly I have no clue where to find it cheap now.