Salt and Sanctuary (2d Dark Soulsesque) - PS4/Vita/PC

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Pretty good game so far, I'm four bosses in. I desecrated a shrine to see what would happen, and I got my shit pushed in by some enemies that spawned. I think I gotta go absolve my sin to reclaim the shrine but Im not too sure yet.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I took the no gods option and then said something to the girl at the second shrine that changed my flask. Love playing this blind because there hasn't been enough time for the wiki to have all the information on choice concequences.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I took the no gods option and then said something to the girl at the second shrine that changed my flask. Love playing this blind because there hasn't been enough time for the wiki to have all the information on choice concequences.
You can do that? I tried saying no to each but then they made me pick one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Your flask will change with each new area regardless. If you have skilled up Poultice or whatever you'll still get an extra, but won't get the extra you would from it being your Creed and finishing quests. Flask, grass, bread, etc... Each Creed has their own thing.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Your flask will change with each new area regardless. If you have skilled up Poultice or whatever you'll still get an extra, but won't get the extra you would from it being your Creed and finishing quests. Flask, grass, bread, etc... Each Creed has their own thing.
That is lame as shit. I like my warm spring roll.

Generol_sl

shitlord
Pretty good game so far, I'm four bosses in. I desecrated a shrine to see what would happen, and I got my shit pushed in by some enemies that spawned. I think I gotta go absolve my sin to reclaim the shrine but Im not too sure yet.
Getting rid of a faction/creed actually has consequences in this game so conversation choices matter. I won't spoil the how or the where but there is a chance to repair any damage you have done to your factions in the case you are a trophy hunter or want to try the different factions.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Damn, this game makes me feel like I'm too fucking old at 31 to play games. Haven't had to platform hop in a 2d sidescroller in a while and apparently I can't do it anymore. Keep falling to my death on the crumbly walkways in the underground village

Generol_sl

shitlord
Damn, this game makes me feel like I'm too fucking old at 31 to play games. Haven't had to platform hop in a 2d sidescroller in a while and apparently I can't do it anymore. Keep falling to my death on the crumbly walkways in the underground village
I was right there with you as it took some time to get back to being able to 2D but it comes back fast as I am sure you are pro with it again too, eh?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The red shards or the flask one that is replenished at sanctuary? If those that'd be terrible.

Also don't forget that stat skills on the skill tree can be leveled up 3x. Like a dex or str node can go three points. I started using that bc there was no point in taking armor class 3, bows 3, etc..

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The latter. And yeah it's terrible. I was drunk though, so when I get home and make sure I didn't just remove them from hotbar or something. Gamekiller if they're really gone though

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good game, picked it up right before Dark Souls 3 but finally got to playing it. Definitely has a Souls/Metroidvania feel. Recommended.

2hander is fun.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Yea I felt like once I went 2hander, I just couldnt go back. Getting the Kureimoa(Funny easter egg: This is how a japanese person would pronounce Claymore) in the beginning sets you up nicely for the rest of the game.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Desecrating a sanctuary is no joke. They pulled out all the stops to kick my ass. haha

This game is entertaining.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally finished this game up. Good overall despite some cheap deaths and platforming annoyances.

I recommend checking it out if you're done with Dark Souls 3 and looking to scratch the itch, but not willing to go through another DS3 run.