San Antonio

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gotta say, San Antonio is far and away my favorite spot so far on our road trip around Texas. Based on my day spent here, i can envision livng here. More so than Dallas, Austin and Waco (the other stops so far on our trip).

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta say, San Antonio is far and away my favorite spot so far on our road trip around Texas. Based on my day spent here, i can envision livng here. More so than Dallas, Austin and Waco (the other stops so far on our trip).
Back when I went many a year ago, I would rate it as the worst major metro in Texas, but they put a bunch of money back into the river walk since then. Also, Corpus Christi is cool, if you want to keep driving (although you have oceans at home...)!

I would wager that you can probably find equally as nice areas in all those cities though (well maybe not Waco). Sure Dallas is kinda shit, but Ft Worth is cool. Downtown Austin is good if you want to get drunk/high and listen to new bands, otherwise Lake Travis area is the place to be. Houston is a fucking cluster, just go rent a Galveston beach house for cheap.

If you are talking about places to live, I would stay out of the same county that any of the major cities are in (Travis, Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar).

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Back when I went many a year ago, I would rate it as the worst major metro in Texas, but they put a bunch of money back into the river walk since then. Also, Corpus Christi is cool, if you want to keep driving (although you have oceans at home...)!

I would wager that you can probably find equally as nice areas in all those cities though (well maybe not Waco). Sure Dallas is kinda shit, but Ft Worth is cool. Downtown Austin is good if you want to get drunk/high and listen to new bands, otherwise Lake Travis area is the place to be. Houston is a fucking cluster, just go rent a Galveston beach house for cheap.

If you are talking about places to live, I would stay out of the same county that any of the major cities are in (Travis, Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar).
We did State House at Austin today. Beautiful. Walking in and seeing the sign "non-licensed gun carriers please see the attendant" made me laugh.

The vibe of the area around the capitol though reminded me of shitlib Brooklyn.

We did the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, the Tesla Giga Factory outside Austin and the riverwalk and Alamo in San Antonio.

Odd point. Went to take my wife to the Bush Presidental Library at SMU and they required fucking masks to enter. We told them to pound sand and left.

Dont have a lot of time to base it on, but we both ranked San Antonio as a place we wouldnt mind living.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What stops did you make in SA (aside from the obvious Alamo)? If I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
River walk in San Antonio is a fun time, even better in the winter. The wife and I will be going back with our toddler, the wife loves the Christmas lights and the horse carriage ride. She has the lady who has the carriage across from the Hard Rock Cafe convinced that she’s only with me for a green card. She does a Russian accent, first time I took her she was pregnant and told the lady this was her anchor baby. Tower of Americas, Alamo,
Ripleys , the fun house mirror place, Rain Forrest cafe with the animatronics is a great time and then the River boat tours. San Antonio is a great weekend get away that me and the wife do yearly in the winter and New Braunfels in the Summer.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We did State House at Austin today. Beautiful. Walking in and seeing the sign "non-licensed gun carriers please see the attendant" made me laugh.

The vibe of the area around the capitol though reminded me of shitlib Brooklyn.

We did the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, the Tesla Giga Factory outside Austin and the riverwalk and Alamo in San Antonio.

Odd point. Went to take my wife to the Bush Presidental Library at SMU and they required fucking masks to enter. We told them to pound sand and left.

Dont have a lot of time to base it on, but we both ranked San Antonio as a place we wouldnt mind living.
Dallas is deep blue with a Soros DA, so no surprise that SMU is still a mask requirement. The LBJ library at UT would probably be the same; the only reason the state house wasn't is because it's state controlled, not Austin controlled.

I didn't know there was even anything left to do with the Branch Davidian raid in Waco. The only thing I've heard about was the HGTV show Fixer Upper has some place you can stop at.

If you looking for something to do when coming back to DFW tomorrow (if it's not raining), the Stockyards is the touristy thing to do in Ft Worth, or the Zoo (the Dallas Zoo is supposed to be good too). In general, the difference between Dallas and Ft. Worth is night and day.

If you are going to be in DFW for another week, you could go catch a baseball game at the brand new stadium (Fri/Sat/Sun). The Rangers are doing poorly this year, so tickets should be available.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dallas is deep blue with a Soros DA, so no surprise that SMU is still a mask requirement. The LBJ library at UT would probably be the same; the only reason the state house wasn't is because it's state controlled, not Austin controlled.

I didn't know there was even anything left to do with the Branch Davidian raid in Waco. The only thing I've heard about was the HGTV show Fixer Upper has some place you can stop at.

If you looking for something to do when coming back to DFW tomorrow (if it's not raining), the Stockyards is the touristy thing to do in Ft Worth, or the Zoo (the Dallas Zoo is supposed to be good too). In general, the difference between Dallas and Ft. Worth is night and day.

If you are going to be in DFW for another week, you could go catch a baseball game at the brand new stadium (Fri/Sat/Sun). The Rangers are doing poorly this year, so tickets should be available.
Currently sitting at the airport at DAL hoping our plane gets off the grouns today. That flash flood shit overnight made flying a shitshow today.

The Branch Davidian compound has some plaques about the raid, where the women and children died in the cellar, a church building thats been built and a big ass Trump 2024 flag flying on the flagpole outside the Church.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Next time go to Fort Worth, though it's getting a little too big for it's britches too (ala Dallas/Houston). Laid back, lots of neat things to do to occupy your time, and more conservative than Dallas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user