Sang-Froid

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Azziane_sl

shitlord
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227220/

Looks like a "build defenses at day to defend against waves of monsters at night" kind of game. Not sure what the real genre is. And gotta say I like the music in that video - hope the in-game tracks are good too.

This is what I gathered from watching the videos:

• Buy and setup traps during the day
  • Buy upgrades/weapons too I think?
  • Strategy/RTS kind of view during the day phase
  • FPS style game at night (you play a burly lumberjack with an axe and a rifle)
  • XP/level/skill RPGish type of character progression
  • Lack of multiplayer is a bit disappointing - it seems like a perfect setting for a coop game

It was just greenlit on Steam but I think it has been out since February.

I am about 99% sure I will buy this unless I hear bad things here. Anyone play this and care to review/comment?

Azziane_sl

shitlord
+vid

Looks pretty interesting.
I pulled the trigger and I think it was worth it. It all plays a lot like Orcs Must Die (which is what TB says in that video I think). A trap+fps defense game genre. I've played about 1/3 of it, part of it the tutorial (which plays like the rest of the game really) and I'm happy with the purchase:

• The voice overs could be a bit better
  • The UI is good but I sometimes wish for better controls over the melee/range weapon switch
  • The music is great and fits the theme perfectly
  • The strategy part of it is great. I lost a couple nights so far and every time I found out why and for good reasons
  • The FPS part of it works well. The melee combat feels just right. The fear factor is a great innovation and deepens the hack and slash aspect of it

A great buy, I think. More games like this should be out there.