Saving Mr. Banks

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not gonna lie. I was a little disappointed after clicking this thread.
tumblr_m0o2qvE6wD1qdpvjdo1_500.gif

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

So this movie, while very slow paced, does everything right that is possibly could have. It's probably one of my favorites I've watched this year.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yep, tom hanks while not the star, made this movie awesome. i really dont like that snooty english bitch at all. i did not like her in Stranger Than Fiction either.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I thought she played her part well and in general does pretty well in her rolls.

Also, she was supposed to play a snooty English bitch in this movie so I guess she was a success.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok tarrant, im sure you are trying to make a point somewhere.

i didnt like her character and she does that character in at least one other movie, so should i be happy she plays someone unpleasant? should i appreciate the fact that she plays a twat so well?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just wanted to make it clear the reasons you hated her were retarded. As long as you're aware of that then I'm okay with it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought we were discussing the character she plays? werent we? she played a snooty english bitch in this movie and in Stranger than Fiction. was i wrong?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
i really dont like that snooty english bitch at all. i did not like her in Stranger Than Fiction either.
Quoting your first post Chuk, you wrote that you didn't like that 'snooty english bitch' and you didn't like her in Stranger Than Fiction too. The implication on the way you worded it is that you don't like Emma Thompson as a person/actress and viewed her as a 'snooty english bitch' instead of associating it to the character she portrayed.

What you should have said was you didn't like the Pamela Travers character in the movie but Emma was fantastic in playing her

I disagree that Hanks overshadowed Thompson as they both were really good and on the same level of acting calibre

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Quoting your first post Chuk, you wrote that you didn't like that 'snooty english bitch' and you didn't like her in Stranger Than Fiction too. The implication on the way you worded it is that you don't like Emma Thompson as a person/actress and viewed her as a 'snooty english bitch' instead of associating it to the character she portrayed.

What you should have said was you didn't like the Pamela Travers character in the movie but Emma was fantastic in playing her

I disagree that Hanks overshadowed Thompson as they both were really good and on the same level of acting calibre
well thats what i did imply, i only know her from those two movies offhand, she played a snooty english bitch in both films. lets change the actor to somebody like Tom Hanks. if i had only seen/remembered him in bachelor party and volunteers i could say. i hate that retarded fratboy. its a totally untrue statement because i love those movies, but it would still be a valid opinion if i had not seen/remembered him in anything else. i conceeded the point, i can say that about emma thompson's portrayal in those 2 films because thats what she was going for. and it worked. doesnt mean i have to change my opinion that i like her now. still means i wanted to tell that bitch to fuck off back to england and make the film i wanted and just change it around so as not to get sued.

on a related not. i just checked IMDB and there is a film which i did not mind emma thompson. Nanny Mcphee which while a little boring is actually pretty close to Mary Poppins and Emma Thompson was just fine. maybe thats why she ended up playing Mary poppins's creator. interesting.

nu_11

Is he just a critic? Jesus what's the point of posting his video?