Saving Mr. Banks

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's okay if you don't know who Harlan Ellison is. But you sure as shit better not be a fan of Sci-Fi or ever have posted in a Star Trek, Babylon 5, or Terminator thread.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I really enjoyed this movie. Lots of clever wit and facial expressions and the story and characters were compelling.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This movie left the impression that Travers was happy with the movie. But from reading the Wiki page on the subject, it appears she was still quite pissed. There were no further Mary Poppins movies, for example.

Plus, I found it odd that the movie, at the end, portrayed a heart-felt understanding between Disney and Travers... yet Walt didn't invite her to the premiere? It really felt like they had to have a sugar-sweet ending for the movie, but the reality wasn't anywhere close.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't feel she was happy at the end, I got more of a bitter sweet feeling. Walt didn't invite her because she was a crazy angry bitch.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is a movie where you leave the cinema and by the time you get to the coffee shop you've all started Googling to compare real life to the events portrayed on the screen. Even more so in this case since the situation, especially the existence of the audio tapes and the excerpts used in the credit sequence, practically begs the question.

Imagine our collective shock at learning that the movie made her seem much tamer than she apparently was in person and that her story does not end at all well "not loving or loved by anyone". Still the movie itself was quite enjoyable and if Mary Poppins was all about redeeming her father then this film serves to redeem P L Travers... at least in some aspects.

Still curious as to how a woman so beloved by children could herself be so cold, and really how she was such a strict anglophile despite her own Australian origin and indeed never relinquishing her Aussie citizenship.