Sci-Fi Shows

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I just finished FarScape and was wondering if there's any other sci-fi shows people could recommend. Also have seen StarGate SG-1, and LOVED BattleStar Galactica - off the top of my head that's about it. Having a bit of a difficult time finding a good list of Sci-Fi shows to watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

satael

Silver Squire
Firefly was a pretty good (albeit a short) show and probably the one most would recommend on this board. Babylon 5 is one of my personal favorites but the special effects etc. on that one haven't aged really well. On the plus side it has some interesting characters and the overall plot was actually thought out pretty much from the start.

• 1Like

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Seen Firefly too, fuck how do I get this stuff. Babylon 5 iirc I watched the very first episode and gave up. But everyone else said the story towards the end is REALLY amazing... might try it next.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
babylon 5 is like TNG or DS9, the first season is pretty weak but it really picks up in season 2 and season 3 is omgwtfbbq levels of awesome. I assume you have already watched TNG? DS9 is great, and Voyager and Enterprise are ... adequate, with some great episodes dragged down by a lot of shit. Stargate SG1 and Atlantis are fun to watch, the show builds up into crazy levels of technobabble and power level ratings.

Lexx is really bizarre, but sorta galactic soap opera-ish.

Fringe is decent, started out great and kinda has leveled off but 5 seasons and the last few episodes air over the next few weeks.

Tripping the Rift was a really fucked up cartoon scifi show that parodied Star Trek/Wars.

BSG has had two prequel series, Caprica which was pretty shitty but if you watch the first 2-3 episodes and the last 3-4 its pretty good. Blood and Chrome is a webseries, haven't watched it yet.

Lost is sorta scifi, and very polarizing. Season 1 was really good though.

Clone Wars is really great if you liked Star Wars. 3-4 seasons already?

There are also a ton of great documentaries, like Through the Wormhole, The Universe, Dark Matters, Curiosity, or Nova that many times are way more fascinating than any scifi show.

Goatface

Andromeda , seasons 1-4 were pretty good. Lexa Doig was so hot.

The Outer Limits (90's) hit or miss
Earth: Final Conflict - very dated now

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd second Clone Wars. It's actually pretty solid writing, which for anything Star Wars these days is saying a lot. Some individual episodes are blatantly geared towards a younger crowd, but there's a lot of reasonably mature stuff going on as well most of the time.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
X-Files. Old, but still good imo.
Angel & Buffy. Could never get into Buffy but I liked Angel.
Dollhouse. Started off kinda slow but got good when the overall plot kicked in.
Torchwood. Good companion to Dr. Who (same universe).
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't too bad.

iannis

Musty Nester
I really enjoyed Buffy at the time, but I doubt it holds up.

Except for maybe the final season. Fucking Freddy. I'd sign a deal with the devil.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I second stargate universe, best of all the series, Robert Carlyle for the win. Earth 2 was good back in the day. Doctor who is good but daunting to catch up on, I hear there is something good coming up from SciFi that ties into an upcoming video game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Life on Mars UK i saw only a few episodes of but its pretty sweet. people always speak highly of it. i think they are filming a new season or a new series of it.
warehouse 13 is enjoyable too. sometimes it gets a little dark but they try to even it out with humor.

Goatface

Friend of my swears by Defying Gravity. It was a 13 episode show from ABC in 2009 with Ron Livingston as the lead.
really enjoyed it, not for everyone. the head guy posted answers on what was going on/was going to happen to finish the series