Scratched 360 Disc

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So my workfriend has a scratched disc her son didn't take care of and the 360 can't read it anymore. It's GTA V and I'm pretty sure the disc is RIP since she went and had it "buffed" at the video store. The 360 still couldn't read it after that. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any other tricks that could work to try and resurrect this disc?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'd just turn 360 degrees and walk away from the situation if I were you.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
If her son bumped the disc while it was system, its ripping in peace and there is no hope for it.

If "buffing" it didnt work, there is no hope for it.

Tell her to buy a ps3

spronk

FPS noob
i saw this on reddit, is this you

2BjOshk.jpg

According to a GameStop patron, this constitutes They also thought the warranty would cover it. : gaming

Sulrn

Deuces
Post a picture of the disc. Is it unreadable or is the data layer physically damaged.

Daidraco

The disc is basically done. Toothpaste is a last hope, but that shit works 1 in 10 times. Just go buy a used copy of GTA V and stop wasting your time. The time, gas, and w/e else you spend repairing the disc could be used on something much more beneficial.

Araxen

Post a picture of the disc. Is it unreadable or is the data layer physically damaged.
I told her to bring it in on Monday. I'll know for sure just by looking at it. I told her to try the toothpaste method but I do not think it'll work. I think the "buffer" method is the best solution but it didn't work. All it needs to do is read the disc to see if it's a valid GTAV copy since it's already installed on hard drive and if it can't read even the simplest of that...It's dead. I told her I'll try my best but it's prolly DOA.