Scrolls

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Growth is rough right now because the starter is "broken", so EVERYONE rolls it and the price for growth cards is through the roof =\
I've found I can trade an excess common (something I have 4 of) for another common someone wants to get rid of. I'm usually not picky with what I get in return since I'm collecting all 3 resources.

we idling in a chat room? whats the name?

Also if anyone needs a great wolf I have one for sale in my store this week. 1k my name is tranvv

Pironin_sl

shitlord
I want to buy this game, but I'm not completely sold. I can see spending 20 bucks. But does it stop there? Do I have to spend more to be more competitive? Is everything earned? Thanks for the information!

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
It stops at the $21.

You -can- spend money. But you're better off just playing games, and using the gold to earn(everything you can buy with $$$ can be bought with gold, like a few games.) There's really zero reason to spend any money on the game after you buy it, not sure if that's what they wanted but that's how it is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Meanwhile, growth sucks noodles. Overall creature quality seems really, really low and far too reliant on the "have 10 dudes in play" gimmick. That shit is called "win more" where I come from (great wolf has 11 attack from all the other wolves you had? you were already winning if you had 8 other wolves in play, so great wolf contributes nothing) and has never been a valid mechanic for competitive play. Two of the rare creatures in growth rely on it, and it's awful. The only thing growth has going for it is the kinsfolk braves (2 attack, 2 defense, 2 cost, 1 cooldown), and while they are admittedly very awesome, they aren't enough to carry the whole color. The wolf brothers that summon more wolves are fairly solid as well, but are outshined pretty badly by lancer/soldiers or cannon golems.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure the top tier would agree with you. Mostly Order and Growth from what I can see. The #1 player is Order and I hear his deck is super nasty.

I think only 1, maybe 2 Energy players in the top 15? But we aren't there obviously so the game is a little different.

From the research I've done so far, what I've played, and the streams I watch (while playing!) it seems like Growth has a full package of early, middle, and late game. Of course you can't achieve that with the pre-con, but it isn't hard to get some decent cards.

Removing your Walls out of your Growth Deck will work wonders for you when you start to get better cards!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I wish it was easier to trade in this game, its such a pain even with all the different websites to help.

Started playing against humans.. 6-0 with a half done Growth deck. I feel dirty playing it just because the pre-con for Growth has so many good cards.

I'm trying to save up some gold for the new deck that is supposed to be out but I really want to finish up this Growth deck too.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Amazingly fun for only $21. You can buy the other sets for around $8(altogether) or just play and grind the gold to buy the sets.

There is going to be a new whole type of set soon (Decay) and then they'll be working on the phase 2 or whatever of new cards for all the sets.

Lots of potential.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So what's the verdict? It looks like a "buy" if you enjoy TCG's?
I rate a solid 'meh'. It's ok, it's just missing so much depth and polish, after a few hours I don't really have an desire to play more. Will probably do so at some point, but just not feeling it currently.

Rime

<Donor>
I rate a solid 'meh'. It's ok, it's just missing so much depth and polish, after a few hours I don't really have an desire to play more. Will probably do so at some point, but just not feeling it currently.
Going to agree with this. The first day, I played it for a good 4-5 hours instead of sleeping. Now, I log on for maybe a half hour a day, one or two matches, then log back out. More cards will certainly help.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The cards are coming though and they won't cost real money (unless you want to get the pre-con deck of Decay).

The reason I started early is because there is so few cards. It makes it easier to collect them all, especially if you buy packs at first. They stated they'll add new cards for each set and it is in the works. I agree it does get 'meh', but it should take more than a few days to collect enough gold to buy specific cards or packs to make a great deck.

But gameplay wise, the game is solid.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seeming like Easy Computer Opponents to me - humans just get too time consuming, and Trials run out. (Trials first though obviously) And the improved value to the greater tiers of CPU opponents doesn't seem to be inline with the extra time they consume.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Winning vs human is around 300-400g, vs 60-70g for vs the AI.

Do all the trials you can do/beat, get cards in trading-# channels, and start doing vs people to grind gold.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Winning vs human is around 300-400g, vs 60-70g for vs the AI.

Do all the trials you can do/beat, get cards in trading-# channels, and start doing vs people to grind gold.
Dunno about you but I can knock out 5 Easy AI in an hour and still have time left over - but it's not rare for me to see a PVP match run close to an hour. Maybe I've just had bad luck on matches though (or there's some tuning I'm overlooking).

And of course humans aren't a sure thing and Easy AI are.