Scrolls

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
Probably gonna buy this the instant i can next week. I love TCG's, this looks great (Notch bonus) and Might and Magic gets boring lately.

Johnnydemo

Trakanon Raider
Picked it up a few hours ago, so far I really like it. I'm waiting for Hearthstone too, and now the hex mmo as well!

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I picked the energy deck and seemed to have trouble with the first trial. I skipped down a few and won them easy, now I just think it was learning where to place units so they are most effective. I think I did make a mistake on buying two of the individual cards. I didn't notice the pack of 10 included a rare for 1000gp so I'm going to save for those now. The board reminds me of plants vs. zombies and the cards themselves very much MTG.

So far it's pretty good. Green deck is overpowered though. Da fuck.
If that is the one that keeps summoning wolf after wolf and has structures that heal everyone around it- I agree!

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I picked the energy deck and seemed to have trouble with the first trial. I skipped down a few and won them easy, now I just think it was learning where to place units so they are most effective. I think I did make a mistake on buying two of the individual cards. I didn't notice the pack of 10 included a rare for 1000gp so I'm going to save for those now. The board reminds me of plants vs. zombies and the cards themselves very much MTG.
Yeah, I picked the same. It seems like the other two are a lot faster to get monsters on the field. So by the time you can get some stuff out, they can over power you through sheer numbers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Going to make a wolf deck!

Maybe we could get some trades going when we start cracking the 1000g packs?

What is the best way to farm gold?

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Going to make a wolf deck!

Maybe we could get some trades going when we start cracking the 1000g packs?

What is the best way to farm gold?
The only thing I've even tried is completing the trials for money. I'm not sure if playing against other people for ranking yields money as well? I just got my first 10 card pack today and I couldn't tell which cards were of higher quality than the others. It was neat to finally have some cards from the two other deck types. I really need to find a good resource online for what cards are even possible to get at this point!

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only thing I've even tried is completing the trials for money. I'm not sure if playing against other people for ranking yields money as well? I just got my first 10 card pack today and I couldn't tell which cards were of higher quality than the others. It was neat to finally have some cards from the two other deck types. I really need to find a good resource online for what cards are even possible to get at this point!
So far the only way I can tell about rarity is if you go into the "sell" tab in the store, it will show in white text under the card name. Just got my first pack as well, only 1 card even from my deck style and it was a common. Sad times =/

Wolves are totally over powered if you can get that train rolling.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know if you get more gold for playing ranked? So far, non-ranked pvp matches can net you like 250 gold.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pleasantly surprised by the depth, basic tricks seem to be to always place buildings first in the row and units behind that, abuse the fact that you can switch lanes right before you attack and holding 3 lanes seems to be far easier than all 5, since you won't spread yourself so thin. Also discarding to draw 2 scrolls seems to be a must once you have 5-6 mana and I would be very careful with including more expensive spells. Unsummon seems to be one of the greatest tools vs enchantments. Game seems to be really lacking instant effect spells with most damage is dealt by units. I'm playing around with the knights, name is Zaphid.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you like this type of game then I highly recommend Cardhunter, beta sign ups are available, not sure when the game is coming out but it must be soon, and it is F2P. I played through the full campaign and it was the most fun I have had in a game in years. The art pays homage to classic AD&D modules from early 80's so if you are old enough to know what those looked like, you will get a kick out of this one.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Is there PVP in card hunter?

And holy shit, what is with all of great digital TCGs lately? It's pretty awesome.

Ya there is pvp in card hunter, do you guys think this is worth teh Price to get into beta for scrolls how is the Pvp?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's a bit rough around the edges, if they keep supporting the game and you like card games, it should be worth it in the long run. However, the game pacing could use some tuning, it devolves into bigger=better rather fast and you can fight for 20 rounds without scratching each others HP. They could also use mulligan mechanic at the start. Card advantage is a bit undervalued since you can discard 1/draw 2 once a turn or discard 1/add 1 "land". I feel like the game gets grindy pretty fast, because you get your starter deck and everything after that needs to be bought and you are looking at 3 challenges per booster, which take like 20? minutes each, assuming you don't run into a deck that counters yours. Since you can only play stuff during your turn, the game has obviously nowhere near the complexity of MtG.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure they'll add stuff later that can be used during your opponent's turn. Seems like a natural progression.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So not to shit up this thread with more Cardhunter comparisons but I paid the $20 to try Scrolls today. It looks fun and I'm sure I'll be playing it to pass the time but it is not Cardhunter. When playing through the CH campaign it was one of those things where you start playing at 8pm and just want to keep playing one more round and then WTF it is 4am and you have to be at work in 3 hours...

And yeah CH has PVP and it is also pretty badass.