Second Galaxy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

African

Golden Knight of the Realm

Anyone playing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I picked this up and started on iPad and it works well there. I like that there is a full dedicated PC client and no need to use an EMU. For anyone that does want to play both PC and Mobile you should use the official PC download from Second Galaxy's Official Website —— Open World Sci-Fi MMORPG with twitter/facebook login instead of the Steam client which locks you to PC only.

Wouldn’t mind hearing more about it once you put some time in. Basic gameplay stuff, f2p viable, etc...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I did grab it on iPad last night while watching Undone on Prime. Probably would have been better to learn on desktop, but I don’t know. Seems like a ton of shit going on at first. Pretty sure I finished the first four or five missions so obviously didn’t do much. Hard to give a real opinion at this point.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I suspect we would be way to small to have a corp that would have enough people to claim sovernty. I'm in a 140 member corp part of a 3000+ member alliance. I haven't participated in the PVP yet but my alliance has big fights going on each day, usually with Chinese alliances.

The gameplay is very much like EVE. It's simplified in that there isn't both armor and shield tanking and just shield tanking but a similar resist system with mods for either active/passive resists. Same idea with gate camps and your warp distributor/stabilizers. The main difference is that in a week you can be flying all the ships and training isn't months worth of work to break into the game.

In general I'd say there is a lot more variety of PVE content and the 'recruit' system lets you send them out to mine so you can focus on just combat. While mobile friendly for quick 15 min sessions I think end game PVP is still going to require some longer sessions.

Another big difference is you only have a single station to store cargo. So not like you have stuff in Jita/stuff in 0 sec etc. You only have stuff in 1 spot and can only sell to players from that one spot. You can easily move everything to a new station with complete safety at a 5 min wait per jump away from your base. There are boosts that make it go faster too.