Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also yes, their wireless router is a giant piece of shit.
Thanks for confirming. I didn't want to comment on the phone about how I'm a settings snob or that I'm an engineer and didn't want their proprietary bullshit - so I just said I had a new one and herp derp don't want to learn something new.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If they implement something like EZPass, it might work. Which means they'll do the exact opposite.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Great, I bet Comcast's and ATT's own streaming service won't ever be slowed down. The FCC is suppose to look out for consumer not roll over and fuck them
That's tough to do when the FCC chairman is a former cable company lobbyist. What'ssupposedto happen, is that he should never have been given the seat in the first place, due to conflict of interest.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
That's tough to do when the FCC chairman is a former cable company lobbyist. What'ssupposedto happen, is that he should never have been given the seat in the first place, due to conflict of interest.
I agree. I'm surprised that Google and other players for net neutrality haven't been throwing out money to stop shit like this.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Verizon bought off the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities so they don't have to keep a promise from the 90's to offer broadband to every single resident in the state who wanted it.
N.J. Approves Verizon-Friendly Settlement; Verizon Now Off the Hook for Fiber Upgrades | Stop the Cap!

Another article on how Wheeler is fucking the American people with his net neutrality rules, he won't release the proposal until just before the vote. I'm sure to allow the cable companies to write exactly what they want. Wheeler needs to go
FCC | Stop the Cap!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I checked Comcast's site to see if I can upgrade to X1 since I'm still using their terrible 2-tuner DVR and shit boxes. The only way I can get X1 is if I sign up for the Triple Play bullshit. I'm pretty sure by the end of this year, I'm going to just have internet and set up a NAS. Sadly, I'll still have to get my internet through Comcast, but at least it's fast and reliable.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Our X1s upgraded to the latest firmware. Not a fan of it. I liked the old X1 operating system.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The x1 controller is a piece of shit. They removed the option of allowing you to control othe devices with it. You can't even change inputs on your tv. Looked into it and its because too many idiots were switching inputs and thinking their cable was out. Fuck this. I got rid of my tv remote long ago. Now I need to buy a universal one.

Remit_sl

shitlord
The x1 controller is a piece of shit. They removed the option of allowing you to control othe devices with it. You can't even change inputs on your tv. Looked into it and its because too many idiots were switching inputs and thinking their cable was out. Fuck this. I got rid of my tv remote long ago. Now I need to buy a universal one.
I just bought a Logitech Harmony. Best money I have ever spent

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I've been using a harmony one for years. I love it. Just got a used harmony 700 for the bedroom