Service Providers (Internet, TV, Etc)

Lorren_sl

shitlord
About to tell TWC to go fuck themselves soon too, local tel-co is offering 12mb DSL & DISH top 200 package for less than I am paying TWC for just 30mb cable broadband.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I used 670 gigs last month at home and 500 the month before that. Wonder how long Charter will let me get away with this.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I use about 1tb up | 500-600gb down per month. This reminded me I'm logging traffic so these are my graphs

That 6 am spike is when all the tv episodes show up on the tracker and it starts downloading.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit, since July 21st, I've only used 38gigs. I need to step it up and download some shit!

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Fuck TWC.

I checked last night my account billing and what not and realized that I was now "available" for speed upgrade (Maxx) to Ultimate 100 (from 30mbps) for 10$ more a month, so I said YEAH and upgraded.

Get an email this morning "1st attempt please call us about your order", so I call, apparently I CAN'T UPGRADE without upgrading the TV too (had basic, the mister likes to watch all that bravo real housewives of crap), after talking with Billing, Sales, Tech Support (where call dropped several times and had to explain everything at least 5 times) I'm finally put to a 'customer resolution' person, I tell her "You know what? if I can't get the internet upgrade without the tv upgrade, then cancel the TV' and then SUDDENLY it can be done "Oh let me see what I can do! Oh here's the package, basic TV, Ultimate100 internet and phone for 10$ more of what you pay right now!"; I'm FURIOUS fuck 2 and a half hours of this bullshit so I can have the PACKAGE that I had SIGNED UP LAST NIGHT.

Fuckers, I have the calls recorded, 4 calls 2 hours 21 minutes of BULLSHIT. DIAF TWC

Oldbased

> Than U
Fuck TWC.

I checked last night my account billing and what not and realized that I was now "available" for speed upgrade (Maxx) to Ultimate 100 (from 30mbps) for 10$ more a month, so I said YEAH and upgraded.

Get an email this morning "1st attempt please call us about your order", so I call, apparently I CAN'T UPGRADE without upgrading the TV too (had basic, the mister likes to watch all that bravo real housewives of crap), after talking with Billing, Sales, Tech Support (where call dropped several times and had to explain everything at least 5 times) I'm finally put to a 'customer resolution' person, I tell her "You know what? if I can't get the internet upgrade without the tv upgrade, then cancel the TV' and then SUDDENLY it can be done "Oh let me see what I can do! Oh here's the package, basic TV, Ultimate100 internet and phone for 10$ more of what you pay right now!"; I'm FURIOUS fuck 2 and a half hours of this bullshit so I can have the PACKAGE that I had SIGNED UP LAST NIGHT.

Fuckers, I have the calls recorded, 4 calls 2 hours 21 minutes of BULLSHIT. DIAF TWC
Which is exactly why I now have Dish and 30mb service for $80 less than I was paying at TWC for both. To be fair they threw in the phone but I never even hooked it up the 6 months I had it.
Another thing you TWC people need to know is if you have 30mb+ service you are supposed to have free wifi. Mine and many others was being charged. When I dropped the TV, I brought this up and she credited my account for a years charges of $4.95 a month for 12 months.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, my TWC internet is only $10 a month higher for not bundling it with anything. Seeing as how I save about $40 a month with DirecTV instead of TWC on the television side, it makes no sense to bundle.

I used to pay $208 a month for TWCs biggest channel package(but no movie channels) and the highest internet available to me which is 50Mbps. Now separate, my 50Mbps internet is $75 a month(just went up $5 this month, thanks TWC) but my DTV for the same TV channels is only $90, and its only that high because I'm out of my 2 year contract and don't want to sign another at this point with Google Fiber coming to my town in 2015. For the first year, my DTV was $50 a month, and 2nd year was $60 a month, I was saving HUGE then, but all my promotions just ran out. I'm still saving though, even at $90 a month.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
CenturyLink just announced it will be offering 1gb connections at $109 per month, the new service is said to be "symmetrical," meaning its download and upload speeds are about the same. It'll be $80 a month if you bundle with satellite TV and phone.

In addition to the Twin Cities, 12 other U.S. metro areas are getting CenturyLink's gigabit-per-second Internet service, solely for businesses in some places and for both business and homes in others. CenturyLink has already tested this service in Omaha, Neb., Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.

Looks like it's about time I switch back, I already canceled my TV and Phone with comcast a month or so ago and their internet has been pretty shitty as of late. I will gladly pay $109 a month for 1GB with them as I had nothing but great things to say about their 40/60/80mb services here in Minneapolis.

rrr_img_72813.jpg

CenturyLink announces super-fast fiber Internet speed - TwinCities.com

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wish Centurylink would come to my area I would switch in a heartbeat. Caps can go fuck themselves.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought they had some kind of partnership with one of the satellite companies. I already had DirecTv so I didn't mess with it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They partner with Direct TV or Dish for television depending on your area. They are also slowly rolling out their own television service that they hope to eventually offer as their only TV option. It's live in a few limited markets.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why the hell do they need direct tv if you are getting fiber from them? They have this thing called prism in the phoenix area.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fiber from them is a brand new thing though. They used to be Qwest, an old phone company, that transitioned to just DSL, so they never had a TV service. They partnered with Dish or DirecTV, so they could offer packages just like Cox does, the local cable company here in Phoenix.

I'd imagine their partnership with DirecTV or DIsh will go away since they are rolling out Fiber and their own TV service.

Fadaar

That guy
CenturyLink just announced it will be offering 1gb connections at $109 per month, the new service is said to be "symmetrical," meaning its download and upload speeds are about the same. It'll be $80 a month if you bundle with satellite TV and phone.

In addition to the Twin Cities, 12 other U.S. metro areas are getting CenturyLink's gigabit-per-second Internet service, solely for businesses in some places and for both business and homes in others. CenturyLink has already tested this service in Omaha, Neb., Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.

Looks like it's about time I switch back, I already canceled my TV and Phone with comcast a month or so ago and their internet has been pretty shitty as of late. I will gladly pay $109 a month for 1GB with them as I had nothing but great things to say about their 40/60/80mb services here in Minneapolis.

rrr_img_72813.jpg

CenturyLink announces super-fast fiber Internet speed - TwinCities.com
God dammit why is it not in Tampa, fuck Orlando!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not really an Internet or TV service provider but interesting all the same

Surprise Bid for T-Mobile USA from Iliads Free Mobile Has Wireless Competitors, Wall Street Unnerved | Stop the Cap!

I wonder if they would bring the kind of pricing they have in France to the US
$26.75 a month for unlimited calling, texting and 20gigs of data.
Holy fucking shit.

Today, a typical Free Mobile customer pays $26.75US a month for wireless service which includes:

Unlimited calls to France and 100 other destinations, including the U.S., Canada, China, and all French overseas departments (eg. Guadeloupe, Tahiti, Mayotte, etc.);
Unlimited SMS/text messages;
Unlimited MMS messages to French numbers;
20GB of 4G access before the speed throttle kicks in;
Unlimited free Wi-Fi on Free's extensive Wi-Fi network.