Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Mentioned this in the Raid thread, but so far it is pretty good. The weeb factor aside which is pretty strong but doesn't currently venture in to the waifu collector stage strangely perverse character stuff thrown in your face. It is mostly just standard RPG fare.

I'm terrible at doing write ups for things so unfortunately can't really sell it. So far it seems to be very f2p friendly but there were some rumblings on reddit about people being unhappy about the JP version. I mean you can get like 30 something gems per week which is good for a few multi pulls a month.

Oh re-rolling is super easy and takes like 10 minutes to get back to the point where you can to 2x multi pulls and 2 normal. So 25? pulls, then clear data, and 10 min to try again.

There's also not -that- many units in the game and any duplicate unit you get is auto converted in to currency (coins) used to either purchase things from coin shop (sta pots, other characters, keys, etc..) or to upgrade characters ultimate abilities. And with doing multi 11 pulls per month you get quite a bit of dupes. The game also gives you very viable characters through main story, like 4 or so of the SSR ones which are highest rank.

Equipment isn't as tedious as some other games. There's 6 slots but three main stats: ATK, DEF, HP. You don't have to grind and wait for the perfect golden roll of a main stat and 4 different sub stats. You unlock sub stats through awakening items and can then reroll and improve the stats until you get what you want. So it shifts it to more of a money sink than just a level grind / drop rate. And you mostly only equip high level gear on the left side: bracer, neck, belt, while the right side can be just common gear since it provides mostly the % based increases.

PVP also seems pretty manageable as you don't drop tiers each week. The gem / chest rewards increase as you progress through Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc. But at the end of the week even if you're Gold 5 you don't drop back to Silver, so your rewards are guaranteed and you can slowly creep up. There's also Geared and Ungeared PVP so kind of a split there.

Anyways, if anyone jumps in let me know. I've cleared the main story and progressed decently far just since launch back a few days ago. There are some pretty good YouTube resources from people that played JP the last 8 months and I've consumed most of it. Couple of things that I didn't know but not big deals.

Friend Code: 636096827

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw some of the discord guys playing it so I gave it a chance even tho it's netmarble. I like it so far . I only play a little bit each day so it'll probably take me a while to get through the story. Friend code is 672722332.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I saw some of the discord guys playing it so I gave it a chance even tho it's netmarble. I like it so far . I only play a little bit each day so it'll probably take me a while to get through the story. Friend code is 672722332.

Cool, just let me know if you need anything rather than combing through all the YouTube stuff.

The biggest thing I did not know starting off was to not sell any of my Treasure Chests without inviting Veronica to the Boar's Hat in order to get the +20% sell bonus. Probably missed out on a million gold or so. Which in the long run might not be much but at the start spending to Awake, Evolve, Level everyone I was down to like 100k last night.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So I read your post and have nfc what the game is like.

What other games is it like?

Come on dude.

Mmaaaannnn okay...

It is a Gacha, you pull for characters using gems. 3 gems for a single pull 10 gems for 11 pull.

Your party is 4 characters of your own or 3 + 1 friend support. Three of these are your main line and will fight first. If one is killed the sub hops in. The sub can provide passive benefits from the "back line" for the whole battle, without being deployed. So setting a good sub is often important and makes some characters better than other even if not SSR rank.

Battle is turn based and card based. Each character has 3 attack cards. Card 1 and Card 2 are more or less standard and Card 3 is your ultimate.

At the beginning of each round you draw 7 cards or enough cards to equal back to 7. The cards are "mostly" RNG although I've read there is a way to manipulate at least one condition but not 100% clear on that. On your turn you have three (changes based on how many players are alive in your party) Plays and each play can take be a few different actions:

1) Play a card; so you'll attack, buff, defend, etc..
2) Move a card; re-position the card in your hand. If two Card 1s are next to each other they combine to make a Rank 2. Two Rank 2s make a Rank 3. That strengthens the effect of a card.
3) Hold; so you skip that particular action
4) Reset; pull your cards back and rethink how you're gonna play them

Play unfolds in the order that you deployed the cards. You may not want to CC on your first action because you're attacking next and it can break CC. You may want to debuff your team first so that your attacker can go on the second Play, so forth.

You can see which enemy characters are going to attack the next round by the Card indicators over their head. So part of the strategy comes in to targeting, CC'ing, or efficiently using your actions each round. Sometimes rather than moving a card to increase the rank you can play the one in the middle, then the two will combine and you can play it as well.

Once you take enough actions your ult gauge fills up and you can play your ult. Note, there's never a "cost" to play a card, as in the Magic sense. Every card just costs one, you're only limited by the number of moves you can make each turn. But you have characters that Petrify, Freeze, reduce Ultimate gauge, ATK down, DEF down, and others that Heal, buff your own team. Rank 1 of a support card may only remove debuffs, but Rank 2 may remove debuffs + heal for 30%. Same with offensive cards.

The RNG factor seems to work well, although sometimes in PVP it seems I do nothing but draw support cards so for like 2 rounds in a row there's no attacks to throw out. PVP has some different rules also in that you can't skip so you're more or less forced to play something. Which may not be a bad thing if you want to draw more cards in order to get one that actually does damage.

It seems a little confusing but somewhat more involved than simply having an A1, A2 to use each round.

Really struggled to compare it to another game because it isn't Epic 7, it isn't Raid, FFRK, Summoner Wars, or any of those.

Playing with Bluestacks on fullscreen 1440p at 60 fps is just an enjoyable experience. If anything it feels almost Dragon Quest'ish or single player RGP with the graphic style and town hub questing, a decent single player story, and other things.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Here's an exmple from my game of the combat interface:

3 Skill slots to play
7 Cards underneath
Second card from the Left auto combined to make a Rank 2 attack automatically b/c on the draw two Rank 1s were next to each other.

Example of move, I can move the leftmost Green card all the way right and those will combine to a Rank 2. That will take up one of the play slots. Then I can chose two more things.

Cards won't replenish during your round only after.

Also, one thing I like is the way they handle dailies. Your daily quest rewards aren't tied to main goal of completing X# for a daily reward. You just do your dailies and the individual quests level up. Rank 1 of a Daily may only reward 1 level whatever XP Potion. But Rank 5 of the same daily could get you 3x Rank 2 XP Pots and it increases. A little better than feeling like you have to complete every daily or you're missing out on a larger goal. Raid had that and it was kind of frustrating stacking Daily, Weekly, Monthlies.

1583776882792.png

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I started playing when it released on global. Been playing casually and I like it so far. I'm somewhere in Chapter 4 within all the boss battles. I didn't do any rerolls so my team is composed of King (Blue), Bran (Red), and Gustav (Green).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I started playing when it released on global. Been playing casually and I like it so far. I'm somewhere in Chapter 4 within all the boss battles. I didn't do any rerolls so my team is composed of King (Blue), Bran (Red), and Gustav (Green).

Nice. Yeah I finished Chapter 6 the other day. There are definitely story chapters that are gated b/c most of it was auto-able until the boss. I haven't done any pulls since the initial roll other than the daily free ones and mostly run Green Meli, Blue King, Red Ban, and Blue Diane as sub. Spent yesterday 5* some village factions to unlock the SSR gear quests. Need a few more pieces.

One thing that seems good from a quality of life perspective is it seems you only need 8 sets of gear. It doesn't cost anything to trade gear between units and since you'll only have 4 mains with 4 associations, you can just swap sets between units when you draw new ones or change out for specific fights. And being able to individually reroll all stats on a piece means there's a $$$ sink but otherwise you get 1 piece of SSR Belt and all you worry about is RNG in rerolling and not in refarming a stage. Seems nice now at least.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really enjoying this one. By far one of the friendliest F2P games ive ever played. Stamina recharges in 2 minutes vs the usual 5. Gems are easily attainable. Not a huge character list so far so you have a decent chance of pulling good chars.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Oh hey not sure how I missed this thread. I was playing another gacha type game with my kid and saw this was releasing a couple months ago and heard that JP was really generous for f2p. Not a huge anime fan but I ended up powering through it on Netflix as well just to get an idea of what its like, but truthfully the game does a great job with telling the story.

I'm mostly doing farming and end game type content at the moment which is a bit repetitive, but the ride to get here was amazing and extremely f2p friendly. I'm more a casual spender and buy the monthly/weekly gem packs which has gotten me most of the characters in the game (minus some bad luck/pulls).

I don't really have a lot of complaints except how much this game eats my phone battery, even with making the window smaller with my Android. Bluestacks (android emulator) saved me a lot of annoyance though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I exclusively play on Bluestacks bc of that. I’ve been extremely busy at work though and have really fallen behind on some things and not focused on the King event at all. A huge issue I had was that in an attempt to min/max my core teams I unequipped everyone, made a spreadsheet with everything, and started trying to reorganize it optimized and find my gaps. Yeah that was a dumb idea at 2am while drunk as hell. Now I’m overwhelmed trying to get everything set back up.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm basically at the same point with gear. I did a half ass version of that though. Gear seems like the biggest pain in the game, which isn't terrible in the grand scheme of things.

Also you can farm the hard version of King and get all the shop rewards. It'll be slower but at least you get the stuff.