Severance

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats pretty awesome. That was the best part of comic con. All the random bars/restaurants shows would take over and make into an experience.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Bugger, hope it doesn't impact the product. This was my pick for best show of 2022.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
angry ryan gosling GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the writers strike probably starts in 2 days too, not sure exactly how it affects shows currently shooting but there are always stories of writers doing last minute changes at directors and actors requests and that can't happen during a strike

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This writers strike is gonna be devastating amidst the cooling off of release cadences. I think the golden age of streaming products may be over.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This writers strike is gonna be devastating amidst the cooling off of release cadences. I think the golden age of streaming products may be over.
Two or three good shows/movies a year from Apple, Prime, Disney, HBO, and Netflix, combined, is a golden age? 15+ years ago HBO used to produce that many all on its own.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Well it's going to be a double whammy because these studios won't be flush with investor capital now.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Long Black Mirror episode was a good take. I really liked this show - looking forward to S2 if it’s ever made.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hopeful for the next season but all the behind scenes drama didn't sound promising. I liked the show but felt maybe it moved too fast. It will be interesting to see how they go beyond two or three seasons.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Feel like these types of shows always crash and burn on the 2nd season.
The mysterious openings are always fun but then when it comes time to reveal what the secrets are or what they're trying to protect, it's always stupid bullshit.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Willing to give them a lot of leeway after how good the finale was.

• 1Like

Goatface

Now almost two years after that cliffhanger ending, director Ben Stiller has shared an update on how production on the show is going — and in a surprising admission, revealed even he doesn’t know exactly when Severance season 2 will be released.

The show “does not have an actual date,” the director and Zoolander star admitted while guesting on the RoomMates show on YouTube. You can watch the interview below — jump to the 1 hour, 16-minute mark for the Severance discussion (unless you’re an NBA fan, which the podcast is otherwise focussed on).

"So 'Severance,' we're shooting it now,” said Stiller.

“It’s coming soon and we don't have an actual date but I've been working on the second season of it for a long time, since we had a strike, an actor and writer strike, back last year — it went from like May to October. So that cut us off for a while. And we're going to be shooting until probably like the end of April and it will be coming out sometime after that soon."

• 1Like