Shōgun

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
so which version is closest to the book?

Jail scene in the book was definitely a lot longer/more significant. So in that way the first series was closer. But the book also spent plenty of time on Toranaga and several of the other non-Blackthorne characters. Current series has been tracking the book pretty well so far imo.

In some ways Toranaga was the main character in the book. The name of the book is "Shogun" after all, not "Anjin."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh shit, the 2nd episode was great also. This show is fantastic. I want to jump into the 3rd right away, but I'll watch it tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Man, I watched the 'ol 1980's show when I was a kid, Richard Chamberlain, and now it's that dude from Peaky Blinders. Aaaawesome. Love me some Japan <3

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
ohhh was Cosmo "is that Tom Hardys brother?" Jarvis on Peaky Blinders? hard to really recognize him with the bushy beard

one thing i really loved about marikos character is the way she walks, that weird ass mini shuffle that makes it look like she is gliding. i know its a big thing asian women used to do and looks really cool lol. hope foot binding isn't part of the show though, that was nasty stuff.

hideo kojima recommends the show

• 1Mother of God

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not surprised, but a couple days ago I saw an article with some dumb cunt complaining about lack of diversity

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I asked my wife what the will in episode 3 said. "I have no idea. It's old and almost cursive. We don't write like that anymore."
20240311_085909.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shit, haha. Mist fry'd that post, and me not thinking, replied to it. I didn't read her comment, just saw her fry. Whoops.

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
one thing i really loved about marikos character is the way she walks, that weird ass mini shuffle that makes it look like she is gliding. i know its a big thing asian women used to do and looks really cool lol. hope foot binding isn't part of the show though, that was nasty stuff.

I think that's probably because she can't take a full step without tripping on her dress.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
oh i think i saw that article, something like the samurais are pussys b/c there are no blacks on the show, cuz black means strength?
Well they have been strongly against developing technology.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
one thing i really loved about marikos character is the way she walks, that weird ass mini shuffle that makes it look like she is gliding. i know its a big thing asian women used to do and looks really cool lol.

She talked about it on Kimmel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I asked my wife what the will in episode 3 said. "I have no idea. It's old and almost cursive. We don't write like that anymore."
View attachment 519234
I heard the detailed research they did for this show also included ensuring the Japanese spoken was reminiscent of the style spoke during the 17th century. How the hell they did that, I have no fucking idea - but the attention to detail is incredible!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users