Shadow of the Eternals - Eternal Darkness spiritual successor Kickstarter starts 5/6

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yea, the really missed the boat here. One, they aren't using Kickstarter so they won't get all that free KS synergy money. Secondly they priced themselves out of a ton of backers by offering the full game (entire season 1) for the cost of a AAA title. Kickstarter works for the vast majority of backers because they are paying a discounted cost up front for delivery of the game at a later date. My excitement is somewhat diminished.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I notice in their FAQ, there is no "Why didn't you go through KickStarter?" question. Morons.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I notice in their FAQ, there is no "Why didn't you go through KickStarter?" question. Morons.
Ha, they indirectly answered that in one of the other ones:

What happens if you do not reach your goal?

Our financial goal is a flexible one, and Precursor Games is committed to creating Shadow of the Eternals. All contributions will go directly towards the development of this game and making it a reality.

So basically they are not going through KS so they don't have to pay the KS fee and so that even if they don't make thier 1.5M they will still use all the money they get to help make the game.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So, would playing this on emulator or the Wii be best? I'm interested in trying out Eternal Darkness.

edit: Meant "or Wii".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How did I miss this thread? This is one of my favorite games ever! I'll definitely throw down some cash.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, yeah:http://kotaku.com/the-crowdfunding-c...nals-511286859

Shadow of the Eternals Stops Kickstarter, Plans to Restart It
The crowdfunding campaign for a Shadow of the Eternals sequel has been suspended, says Precursor games, the studio formed from the ashes of original Shadow of the Eternals developer Silicon Knights. Precursor says they'll "be re-launching the Kickstarter in just a few short weeks."

The reason for the suspension is "a host of new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned," Precursor said on the campaign's Kickstarter page. These new opportunities presented themselves with "more support from our community than we had ever hoped for," after the campaign started.

The campaign opened May 13. Since then it has gathered $127,414 in donations, toward a $1.35 million goal. The campaign was set to close in 14 days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The first game was so surprisingly awesome. I think I got it for $1 at Gamestop. Well worth it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Glad I got my money back from the Kickstarter. Hopes weren't high to begin with.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The campaign was restarted today.

Much better presentation and only through KS now. I still think thier inital game tier is still $5 too high or that they should have had an early adopter option for the game at teh $15 range especially since they are saying it will only be 8-10 hours of gameplay.