shadowbane.com went back up

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think it was ahead of its time and with modern hardware actually functions well

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It was definitely ahead of its time, but it had a lot of flaws which doomed it. "Play to crush" sounds good on paper, but the crushed quit the game and it was far too easy to exploit / steamroll cities that took massive time and resource investments. Once your city died, it was nearly impossible to come back, which is why most servers became ghost town in a matter of a months after launch.

The game also had lots of races and class possibilities, including secret ones that require runes (like blademasters), but the XP nerfs for certain races and other penalties made it feasible to only go with a few options.

And ya, game and computer stability. 400+ people sieges became laggy slideshows and of course, sb.exe bullshit

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It was definitely ahead of its time, but it had a lot of flaws which doomed it. "Play to crush" sounds good on paper, but the crushed quit the game and it was far too easy to exploit / steamroll cities that took massive time and resource investments. Once your city died, it was nearly impossible to come back, which is why most servers became ghost town in a matter of a months after launch.

The game also had lots of races and class possibilities, including secret ones that require runes (like blademasters), but the XP nerfs for certain races and other penalties made it feasible to only go with a few options.

And ya, game and computer stability. 400+ people sieges became laggy slideshows and of course, sb.exe bullshit
I dunno if the exp penalty really matter. The leveling was just sitting afk for a few nights while your buddies Fury bot PLed a group while the rest of the guild was standing guard.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
can we get this china faggot shit off this forum
Send this bullshit to the shaw. Fuck China. We've given them enough money by breaking our economy. Last thing I want to do is fork over my trumpbux that we just mortgaged our future for to Chinese commie faggots.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Amod Amod Please reduce my IQ by a full point for having read the above post. Maybe this could become another fun hidden achievement or something.
Thanks!
Never played the game btw, never will either.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I suggested the following. Like virtual Clorox.
giphy.gif

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
It was my first time entering it. I feel like there should be some sort of quadruple penalty for being made to read a Folger racist screed (tm).
Thanks Amod Amod I feel a little better now you've shown me the way.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shade Scout here

Will have open tree and merchants (be careful in the town!), reasonable prices

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If this was not chinese I would be in for some SB.exe.

I revisited this game years later and it was pretty good. Good battles between chinese/ NA Europe/Japan