Shadowbane Emulator - Magicbane

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Client download here

Then go to your config folder where you unzipped it and per their notes wipe out this file and replace the contents

Locate your shadowbane folder. Locate the folder titled "Config." Locate the file named "ArcaneIP.cfg" Open this file with any text editor and input these details:

SERVER= Grief.Magicbane.com

PORT= 6000

It's beta now, full launch on the 30th. Server is incredibly stable atm and pretty damn active. Some vids:

This is the world map I logged into

molV4W5.jpg

You can kill people and take things, or steal from their bags as a thief. I'll be on there as Nasty.

I'm lurking through a swamp as a Nighstalker with bow atm. Pretty mersed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
Oh the stories I could tell about how our guild allied with Lords of Death took down the RP server back when this game first came out. Some really epic times all server issues and lag aside.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
God damn shadowbane was the shit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Loved Shadowbane for the trial month. Didn't stick around after that though. Still have good memories of that one month. Was a shame it never took off properly.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cuz it was crash city tbh.

So far haven't seen the emu do it once or go thru insane spell stuttering either.

Just joined the Ascendancy nation to fight some Wehrmacht (strong guild), let's see what happens at mines and banes.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Shadowbane was great to read about and awful to play.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shadowbane was great to read about and awful to play.

Tell us what you hated about it tho

SB.exe errors don't seem to be an issue on this server and I have no clue how they did it

I'll leave y'all to your Overwatch while I get a classic PvP fix

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Tell us what you hated about it tho

SB.exe errors don't seem to be an issue on this server and I have no clue how they did it

I'll leave y'all to your Overwatch while I get a classic PvP fix

The controls were clunky and bad, especially needing to move around using point-and-click.

It was boring as hell (and pointless) to play if you weren't part of one of the handful of big guilds that basically controlled everything.

Game got really boring really quickly with only its shitty combat and controls. No trade skills or reason to really do anything other than gank. For a pvp game the pvp was bad and meaningless.

It was fun to read about the rise and fall of various guild cities, at least until each server got dominated by the resident uber guilds.

Anyway, good for you if you like it. Play to crush!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can def see click to move turning some people off

The races being very unique is something I sorely missed

I'll be damned if this centaur druid I was playing with ain't a beast

The focus is mostly PvP and fighting to get discipline or godly runes, fighting for mines, ganking in general for gold and of course destroying other nations

Anyone looking for a Mythic+ dungeon dealie should hard pass

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I miss my lightning huntress. RIP.

• 1Like
I only played it for a week but it seemed really bad. Exping was really boring and bad. And later I could barely leave town and kill anything without being instantly ganked by a much higher level douche maggot who attacked from stealth. Later I went on some big raid against some castle and it was mostly standing around doing nothing and watching boring shit until the wall broke down, and then we all ran inside and people pressed buttons and fought which just looked like a shitshow to me. Someone should make a game with real sieges and real pvp in an open world, but not shit. DAOC wasn't far off the mark.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You needed a guild to level. Take over a decent exp spot, bring in the guild leveling bitch (the fury) and level to cap in a few hours. Sieging required having the right class to be fun. I used wizard for sieges. Melee just stood around with their dicks in their hands most of the time while i was teleporting around walls smashing people with my l33t magic bolts.

Also the game had the best stealther wars. Even better than DAoC.

Forever <3 SB.

That reminds me, it also had people AFK grinding, they would be flying above a group of mobs and using a macro to gank them all every time they respawned.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we did that. Shit everyone did that. Ez. The key was to come by and gank the looters once in a while and collect the drops.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
SB BOX STARTING UP AGAIN JAN 4

shadowbaneemulator.com

Season 4 - Server Launch January 4th 2019
Posted by SBEAnnouncer on 12-21-18 2:38:55 PM
The next Shadowbane wipe is coming Season 4 - Server Launch January 4th 2019. Additional details will be shared as they become available.

Further launch details will be shared via our new Discord - join with this link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers