Shards Online

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks interesting, but I don't see anything about custom content creation (items, NPCs, cities, towns, etc). What I see is the ability to modifyrules, settings, and eventsin an already built world. While that seems cool, it won't be much like NWN if you can't make your own dungeons, mobs, items, etc.

The article is pretty short and non-specific though, so maybe you can do all of those things too...

Fingz_sl

shitlord
Yah, if they don't make so that you can be the dev in pretty much every way, design the towns, maps, create quests and encounters, etc, they might as well not bother. Maybe everyone has to share the same art assets would be okay, but if they want my money, I'd get to do everything else.

Maybe they could even give part of the cash shop earnings to the player who developed the shard.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Yah, if they don't make so that you can be the dev in pretty much every way, design the towns, maps, create quests and encounters, etc, they might as well not bother. Maybe everyone has to share the same art assets would be okay, but if they want my money, I'd get to do everything else.

Maybe they could even give part of the cash shop earnings to the player who developed the shard.
Basically this.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty impressed with this KS and the entire project. You can tell their staff was pretty big into UO which isn't a bad thing. Not sure how it will stand against some of the big guys but who says it has to? Much better than Pantheon and it appeals to my taste over CU. The only time I play that scale is Diablo or you turn back time to UO and NW.

I'll watch this closely over the next few days. One word of advice to those guys... don't wind up as a topic on KTAM.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
4e6523b6d1ac4ac7fd57d0bd45b7aadb_large.png

• 11 Armor Sets, 5 Weapons, 5 Shields
  • 16 Different Abilities and Spells
  • 11 Unique Skills with Training and Character Progression
  • 7 Custom Animal and Monster AIs
  • 8 Awesome God Powers
  • Mod Support and Survival Mod
  • PvP Mini-game
  • Hours of Online Gameplay

putting pantheon to shame

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shame they don't have any options for time based skill progression. I do like what I see though. Will probably back it Just because the KS is well done and I like the direction.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
4e6523b6d1ac4ac7fd57d0bd45b7aadb_large.png

• 11 Armor Sets, 5 Weapons, 5 Shields
  • 16 Different Abilities and Spells
  • 11 Unique Skills with Training and Character Progression
  • 7 Custom Animal and Monster AIs
  • 8 Awesome God Powers
  • Mod Support and Survival Mod
  • PvP Mini-game
  • Hours of Online Gameplay

putting pantheon to shame
I would really like to know how much time this took and if you were to take Pantheon's time, how much work could Shard's guys do with that time.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Perfect for rerolled devs... who can make the most hardcore shard nobody wants to play?
wink.png

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Latest gameplay

Developers note

Wasn't that impressed but it is alpha. Plus the video quality is low so can't really judge the graphics.

That bag looking thing is horrid looking and early 90s looking. The pointing at books from vendors is a bit mundane.

I do like the God modes and am curious where their direction is going. The rulesets ect.. seem interesting.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
The whole "sandbox" theme is extremely niche. You just can't sell this idea well enough in my opinion. People will never grab onto the phrases like "sandbox" and "open world." It really is unfortunate for these guys.