Sharp Objects

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
the problem is the pulled teeth, they really tried to hammer it home that someone strong must have done that, so if it's the mother or daughter they've got an accomplice, maybe the dude at the pig farm?

They own that pig farm, they're the richest family there. I would assume whether it's Adora or Amma that did it that they would have seen or even done before plenty of butchering on pigs, I'm sure there is a faster way to take out pigs teeth than what the guy was trying to do.

Edit: just googled it and there are specially made scissors to remove piglet teeth, no idea if that would work on human teeth but you would think so.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ok, that's it. This show fucking blows. Only way to redeem it now is Camille just goes all Carrie and murders the whole town. Otherwise fuck this shit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel kind of ripped off by the Big Little Lies advertising and marketing by HBO on this one.

This ain't no Big Little Lies.

Way to slander your award winning series by attaching its name to this snoozer.

Flashbacks of Terrance Winter attaching his name to Boardwalk Empire even in its death throes and then tanking the budget of Vinyl come to mind.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
last few eps was getting really boring, and kinda knew what was going on, had 6th sense flashbacks.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I liked the last episode and I feel like it could come together decently by the end.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Turns out the fucked up ending had a fucked up ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CrazyRussell

Golden Squire
I enjoyed it for what it was. Never read the book. It would have been better if it was 6-8 episoded. The last episode was the best and worth the wait.

but don't tell mama

Last edited:

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
after how intense episode 7 was, episode 8 really fell flat. When characters act completely irrational it really irks me. Her 'plan' at the end ultimately work but was incredibly frustrating that it was even happening

I never once believed the mother brutally murdered those girls, it didn't fit with the other way she was doing her evil shit in the slightest. I felt some satisfaction in seeing my first thought come through, but to just glaze over it in one 5 second scene was pretty weak. These episodes had plenty of time to dive more into that manipulative girl, even if that may not have been entirely the point

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
after how intense episode 7 was, episode 8 really fell flat. When characters act completely irrational it really irks me. Her 'plan' at the end ultimately work but was incredibly frustrating that it was even happening

I never once believed the mother brutally murdered those girls, it didn't fit with the other way she was doing her evil shit in the slightest. I felt some satisfaction in seeing my first thought come through, but to just glaze over it in one 5 second scene was pretty weak. These episodes had plenty of time to dive more into that manipulative girl, even if that may not have been entirely the point
she also had that "frail" look about her, altho i also think it's pretty impossible for tween "southern bell" to pull teeth too, sure a tween that plays soccer or some kind of physical activity besides doll housing

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You understand the other roller girls were helping her right? Lot easier to do that shit with more than one person. That whole town is fucked up whether it be alcohol, raping high school girls or turning the other cheek to out and out violence. I ended up being right in the end but wish my last post here was the truer one with Camille just burning the whole shit down.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You understand the other roller girls were helping her right? Lot easier to do that shit with more than one person. That whole town is fucked up whether it be alcohol, raping high school girls or turning the other cheek to out and out violence. I ended up being right in the end but wish my last post here was the truer one with Camille just burning the whole shit down.
by doing what? holding the victim down? that doesn't increase teeth pulling force x10, there's no way a tiny southern belle has

1. the hand strength to have a deadmans grip on a tooth
2. and exert pulling force at the same time

if kc, proved that it was a set of locking pliers that was used, then yea, thats more i guess.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They did it after the girl was dead. With 3 of them you could create a lot of force numerous ways.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Oh thank god the tooth pulling experts are here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally watched this this past week. I liked it for what it was, acting was great and I love me some Amy Adams so that's neat. My only question, what the hell were those beef jerky looking strips in the cabin!? Seriously wtf was it, like flesh strips? Is that like ye olde gangbang/murder shed? I noticed Keane told Adda that "her time was coming soon" or something like that. Guessing her "train" was arriving soon, Camille heard him say that and still banged him. Terrible sister.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember exactly what you are referencing but were they fly strips?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I actually looked it up and apparently it really was just flesh strips drying for jerky per the book. Guess it was just a hunting shed that she associated with sex due to the pictures sparking her childhood curiosity (she like masturbated to it the night she discovered it). I just assumed it was something more sinister given the lack of context.