Shroud Of The Avatar - Shit Went Persistent

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
photo-main.jpg

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...aken-virtues-0

Award-winning game designer Richard Garriott and creator of the highly successful Ultima? series of games announced today that he plans to reinvent the fantasy RPG genre during a simultaneous live stream on Rooster Teeth and the Shroud of the Avatar website.

The game is being backed on Kickstarter, where supporters will have a chance to help fund the project. One of the most anticipated pledge levels will include access to in-game player houses, which are available in multiple sizes and styles. The houses provide players a chance to own their own virtual property in the game.

Shroud of the Avatar on Kickstarter!

Lord British adds, "We couldn't be happier to be introducing the game on Kickstarter, which has really changed the landscape for game developers. It allows us to connect directly with our fan base and it keeps us from being so dependent on the traditional publishing model. There's now a direct feedback loop with people who like our game and have decided to back it. With Kickstarter we can listen to what our fans are saying about how we are developing the game and make changes and additions based on that feedback, before the game launches. We hope people will like what they are seeing and hearing about Shroud of the Avatar and back the project on Kickstarter."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey another relic designer.

I really hope no one cares what this ass in a hat does anymore. If anyone can make something worse than TR, we know Lord British can.
I love it when Gazillionaires have the audacity to ask for kickstarter funds to make their shitty games.

Holy shit is this system going to be abused.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
lol enter your email to receive news from Lord British, what the fuck is this shit

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ultima was always on the cutting edge of visuals, this game looks like it was made in 2002.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, just was able to start watching this...Is this an MMO? It sounds like one of those quasi-lobby games?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looks like garbage in those screenshots, how the fuck do they have $90k pledged?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
So... after Camelot Unchained from MJ; our dear Brad; and now is this guy, the Lol British :

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

Richard Garriott, the award winning designer and creator of the Ultima franchise, makes his triumphant return to the genre that earned him a place in the Hall of Fame and a Lifetime Achievement Award. Shroud of the Avatar is the first installment of Richard's new vision and represents the reinvention of the classic, fantasy role-playing which he pioneered. A fantasy role-playing game that will focus more on player choices and discovery than on level grinding.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Updated OP a little bit, will try to grab some of the gameplay footage they showed. Looks pretty cool for being so early on in development, although there haven't been many details quite yet.

Mods please change title name to "Shroud of the Avatar" or some such.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It does look bad...I figured they fucked the graphics because they were making a really modifiable MMO, like Minecraft-UO, or something where graphics come secondary. But it's not even an MMO, the fuck is this?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well it's not like it's even an alpha really. Wakandans just need some cash and I'm sure the graphics will be better.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Did Garriott ever design anything really good ? I never played any of the Ultimas, but they seem like rather generic RPGs of the time

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did Garriott ever design anything really good ? I never played any of the Ultimas, but they seem like rather generic RPGs of the time
They seem like generic RPGs because they defined what RPGs were. Ultima IV is the greatest RPG of all time, imo. I'd also argue that UO was the greatest MMORPG of all time as well, but that may be up for debate
smile.png

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
That statement... just sounds really foolish.

Many would consider the Ultima series as the games that defined the western RPG. But to each their own. Here's alist of the gameshe's developed or produced.