Side gigs

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I bet 90% of them are multilevel marketing scams like Thrive, Shakeology, Rodan and Fields, BeachBody, DoTERRA, and all that other horseshit that about 10 millennials that I know are constantly spamming my Facebook with. They may call it a business but none of them actually make money at it.

90% seems like a pretty bold estimation considering were talking about 10s of millions of millennials side hustling. Ive never heard of any of those things. Perhaps because I'm not on Facebook.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I know this indian guy who bought almost a fully loaded mid-size sedan for uber.

Funny as hell...drove almost 10,000 km in one month....car is gonna die in three years.....

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Insurance policies are changing to prevent use of private vehicles for business purposes. I got a letter from Allstate about it, and I don't even drive.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
That shit is a plague, I know retired people balls deep in it. I want to shake them to death.

Out here it's Scentsy, Beachbody, Jamberry, Tupperware, it works wrap. My wife got into one until she realized that her "manager" that had over 50 people underneath her was only pulling in a cool 5-10k per YEAR from it. Such garbage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am gearing up for a mid-life crisis and / or side job in the fitness industry. I currently work a typical IT job and fitness in general has become more of a focus. I don't think I have the time and / or want to go back to school to become a Physical Therapist (maybe a Physical Therapist Assistant) so I started looking at personal or group training at local gyms. Probably looking at $30 - $50 per class. Just need to pull the trigger on some official certifications and such and give it a whirl. Worst case, I know more than I did previous.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
90% seems like a pretty bold estimation considering were talking about 10s of millions of millennials side hustling. Ive never heard of any of those things. Perhaps because I'm not on Facebook.

Obviously I pulled that out of my ass. Do you really want to argue about whether my ass number is accurate? Take my word for it, a LOT of people are taken in by this bullshit, millennial or otherwise.

Out here it's Scentsy, Beachbody, Jamberry, Tupperware, it works wrap. My wife got into one until she realized that her "manager" that had over 50 people underneath her was only pulling in a cool 5-10k per YEAR from it. Such garbage.

Can you imagine the amount of effort that it took recruit 50 damn people into this nonsense? And for everyone making $5000 a year (and even that is likely to be a lie) there are 500 that invest hundreds or thousands and never see a penny in return.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Mother fucking Scentsy. Seriously, every stay at home mom in northern VA does that shit it seems.

My wife does embroidery and sells stuff on etsy. It's actually started to pick up, made about 700 just this past week. Ask me how much I paid for her fucking embroidery machine though...

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I bet 90% of them are multilevel marketing scams like Thrive, Shakeology, Rodan and Fields, BeachBody, DoTERRA, and all that other horseshit that about 10 millennials that I know are constantly spamming my Facebook with. They may call it a business but none of them actually make money at it.
Hey have you heard about that new crazy wrap thang?!

This MLM bullshit should be a litmus test. Fucking morons all of them.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am gearing up for a mid-life crisis and / or side job in the fitness industry. I currently work a typical IT job and fitness in general has become more of a focus. I don't think I have the time and / or want to go back to school to become a Physical Therapist (maybe a Physical Therapist Assistant) so I started looking at personal or group training at local gyms. Probably looking at $30 - $50 per class. Just need to pull the trigger on some official certifications and such and give it a whirl. Worst case, I know more than I did previous.
PTAs or COTAs (certified occupational therapy assistants) make pretty good money; usually 18-24 month coursework for the certifications. PTs in MO are now required to have a PhD.

Last edited:

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I do 4 nights a week at the local winery as a waiter while I go through school

• 1Like

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
I recently signed up for a Voice Over evaluation and some classes. Growing up friends would always be amazed at the cartoon voices I could mimic. Honestly I'd be fine just doing some radio or TV spots, but if I could get the opportunity to read lines in a studio with Tara Strong then I could die happy.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Insurance policies are changing to prevent use of private vehicles for business purposes. I got a letter from Allstate about it, and I don't even drive.

Hopefuly USAA doesn't do that, because I have to drive my personal car for my job, but I get compensated mileage.

I do not have a side job, but when I was a roofer I used to take side jobs occasionally, just small stuff that the company I worked for would have passed on.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I'm the Production Manager in an Engineering company.
Keys to the factory Yo!!!
It's a money making machine after hours.. I do heaps of outside work and average $100/hr for cash jobs, plus materials, plus tooling if I have to buy something.

I make parts for pushies, motorbikes (turbo kits) cars (turbo and Supercharger) random stuff...
I do contract CAD design too.

I even made a fucking machine for a bloke a few years ago haha ... he wouldn't give me all the drawings at one time thinking I wouldn't work out what it was... Charged him heaps :)
Pretty much a copy of this but all Aluminium and machined.
the-invader-sex-machine-125.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So what do you charge for an electric butt fucking machine? (asking for a friend)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I do 4 nights a week at the local winery as a waiter while I go through school
tell me your workplace so i get to treat u like a white male scum u are and give u no tip

just kidding. waiting is good money.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Until just recently I would cruise timber or do a timber/wildlife management plan as side money.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I recently signed up for a Voice Over evaluation and some classes. Growing up friends would always be amazed at the cartoon voices I could mimic. Honestly I'd be fine just doing some radio or TV spots, but if I could get the opportunity to read lines in a studio with Tara Strong then I could die happy.

Thats fucking cool. Where did you find those classes? The "evaluation" part sounds a little sketchy though.