Sifu - PS4/PS5/PC

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks pretty great, enough that I'm wishing it had released on Friday instead of the disappointment known as Dying Light 2. Sucks that the PC version was sold out to Timmy Tencent though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I look forward to this game but I'm really disappointed it's not co-op. This seems to be a perfect game to get your ass beat with a friend.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After watching some streams, I'm not sure you could co op it with the way the roguelike elements work. Looks pretty fun tho, something I'll end up grabbing at some point

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Been playing it most of the day. Lots of fun but I could definitely see a lot of people turned off by the difficulty. Most of the skills you carry over aren't "+gooder" but just add to your different move set so the rougelike elements make you git gud or go home. I started with controller which seemed easier but for whatever reason I couldn't time the parries right. Switched to m+kb and have been doing fine. Seems like both are pretty viable.

Most of all, I could see lots of potential with this game if they add more random modes or maps. Even just adding a procedurally generated game mode could be fun.

The side camera angle areas feel really badass.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I’m going to buy this now five times.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Kind of torn on this. I was ready to immediately go buy the preorder/early access on PS5 yesterday for about 95% of Karak's review, then at the very end he went and compared the combat to Sekiro. That resulted in instant pumping of brakes, and I waited for the Fitgirl "demo" to try it for myself on PC. Unfortunately, I think his comparison is pretty accurate. I just barely squeaked through the first stage finishing it at the ripe old age of 70 (pretty sure the next death would have been a game over). Biggest issue for me is deciding what's good to buy with XP and the rewards from the jade statues.

Still want to buy it just as a fuck you to those assholes white knighting about cultural appropriation for a country which has spent the last several decades stealing every bit of technology and IP that they can get their hands on, but I'm not sure I'll ever really enjoy the gameplay.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The sad thing with their fucking cultural appropriation is that it's no longer possible to pay homage to another culture.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah watching a few streams and this isn't really a game for me, Lirik is dying over and over on one of the bosses and i just have no patience for that anymore unless its something I know has a massive pedigree like Elden Ring. The timing windows also seem CRAZY short from what everyone says, and my old ass probably just can't hang 😢

its too bad its mired in all this cultural appropriation shit but thats what the online retard crowd feeds on now, not actually playing games just talking about how wyppo bad

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sad thing with their fucking cultural appropriation is that it's no longer possible to pay homage to another culture.

You would think after Ghost of Tsushima people would learn that it's ok, but sadly most people are fucking retards nowadays.

I would have bought this game, but it isn't on Steam so fuck them.

Vorph

I wonder if some of 'it's too hard' crying would have gone away if the game had made it clear in that first fight with the big dude that L1+up/down on the stick isn't just for avoiding grabs. It's far more useful for dodging attacks--especially against bosses--than the R2 avoid. You still need decent timing, but even if you mess up you're holding down block and won't get hurt unless your timing is completely off.

It's also not hard to unlock stuff permanently if you redo a level a bunch of times to 'get it right'. The game should probably have made it more clear that the XP you spend on permanent unlocks never resets; only the initial purchase does. So if you finish level 1 with 2500 xp you can buy the leg sweep focus move for 500, then buy 4x 500 permanent unlocks. Run level 1 again and the move will be reset, but once you get 500 xp you can unlock it again, then with another 500 you can unlock it permanently. If you're really persistent you could unlock all 500-750 xp moves on the first level without too much trouble. The 1000's could be done too I suppose, but it would be rather tedious since there's not exactly a ton of xp available in level 1 and you always waste the base cost worth of XP each time you re-run a level.

Also, I don't recall the game ever telling you this at all, but you can press right on the d-pad at any time to increase your score multiplier by 2. Score unlocks at the jade statue are pretty strong so there's no reason to ever kill any dudes without having 5x going.

Vorph

P.S. If you're playing on PC and have an ultrawide, you need this: GitHub - RoseTheFlower/UltrawideIndex: A growing collection of widescreen and wider solutions from Rose of WSGF. Pretty sad that they clearly made an effort to get ultrawide support in the game and then fucked it all up by letting UE4 use its default vert- bullshit.

Note that all of Rose's UW patches use Cheat Engine to change the FOV, so you'll likely have to jump through some hoops to get Windows Defender to let you download and run it. MS has an massive hard on for false flagging anything remotely related to CE as a virus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Played this some while in queue for lost ark and I have to say it's pretty great.

The combat combos are going to take some getting used to though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ

6e35d9384efbea87ff63334b2bec9dbb.png

this thing is a biological female

no wonder its writing all these angry articles

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's another legit review from Skillup. On par with ACG reviews IMHO.

Game is hardcore souls-like (but possibly even harder in some ways?). I'm out but I'm sure for many it might increase their interest.

Hekotat

I love this game, but it steps up the difficulty out of nowhere in that first hallway fight, I think I died 7 times in there. Some dickhead with a pipe had my number.

Jozu

So is there any rpg like elements in the game or is it more just unlocking different attacks by grind fighting?

Its not like...Dynasty Warriors is it?

Hekotat

So is there any rpg like elements in the game or is it more just unlocking different attacks by grind fighting?

Its not like...Dynasty Warriors is it?
You can unlock skills temporarily but that's about it, however, I'm not that far into it.