Sifu - PS4/PS5/PC

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Here's another legit review from Skillup. On par with ACG reviews IMHO.

Game is hardcore souls-like (but possibly even harder in some ways?). I'm out but I'm sure for many it might increase their interest.
Watching Skill Up's review is what made me realize that [almost] nobody who reviewed the game pre-launch knew about L1+left stick dodging. The difference between his gameplay and the gameplay in a video of someone beating the game at age 20 is completely night and day. The second boss which a lot of reviewers and players cite as the reason they wanted to rage quit the game is a complete joke once you master the L1 dodging and weaving.

The game's really only about half Sekiro, since parry is just about useless when it has such strict timing (plus the default follow up to a parry is just a shove that does no damage and forces you to close the distance again.... something I never want to do) and holding L1 and moving the stick is very forgiving.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Watching Skill Up's review is what made me realize that [almost] nobody who reviewed the game pre-launch knew about L1+left stick dodging. The difference between his gameplay and the gameplay in a video of someone beating the game at age 20 is completely night and day. The second boss which a lot of reviewers and players cite as the reason they wanted to rage quit the game is a complete joke once you master the L1 dodging and weaving.

The game's really only about half Sekiro, since parry is just about useless when it has such strict timing (plus the default follow up to a parry is just a shove that does no damage and forces you to close the distance again.... something I never want to do) and holding L1 and moving the stick is very forgiving.

Yeah I've been using that but there is also a LB+Stick dodge that I can't tell the difference from yet. I think my only complaint is all the directional stuff in the combos, I'm sure I'll get it down but I wish it was more X,Y,B & A combos.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what you mean, there's only one L1+stick dodge that I'm aware of. You just dodge the attacks while standing in place, so you can immediately punish the enemy at the end of their combo. R2 avoid is still useful against groups of enemies, but the L1 dodge really trivializes bosses (and 'aura' enemies you make the mistake of letting power up). Only thing you have to watch for is sweeps, can't L1 dodge those. They're so fast that I usually just eat them and roll away.