Silver Linings Playbook

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I know some folks don't think much of this movie, but it deserves its own thread.

Thing is with this I suspect you need to know someone with the sort of mental illness the character Bradley Cooper plays has to really get a lot from it.

Actually thought Jennifer Lawrences character was the weakest written.

Outstanding movie that I learned loads from. Not one to watch just to chill out or laugh at.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I watched it the other night, I knew how it ended pretty much before it began.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the fact it was so highly predictable.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I watched it the other night, I knew how it ended pretty much before it began.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the fact it was so highly predictable.
You must have fucking hated Zero Dark Thirty.....

The story/ending, yeah very predictable. Incidental to me, though. The characters and writing very outstanding. Again to someone who doesn't know someone like the lead character it's possibly meaningless and annoying.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Decent flick, kind of lost interest in the last 30 minutes. Jennifer Lawrence looks good with dark hair.

Daggen_sl

shitlord
I'd agree with the 'decent' tag for this film. There was one point fairly early on where I almost stopped watching but I'm glad I didn't as it definatily improved from the middle onwards.

Not really a movie you watch for plot twists but really well acted and was interesting to see the similarities between the father and son. One was just a bit further down the line from 'normal'.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ugh please dont compare this to zero dark thirty. What a pile a crap that was imo. At least this was well acted and different. For how many movies people say are predictable makes me think they dont watch them to be entertained. Maybe they are hoping for some life changing cinematic experience. I always want to be entertained first and if its better then that well it is money very well spent.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
You must have fucking hated Zero Dark Thirty.....

The story/ending, yeah very predictable. Incidental to me, though. The characters and writing very outstanding. Again to someone who doesn't know someone like the lead character it's possibly meaningless and annoying.
I haven't seen zero dark thirty for that exact reason. Nor do I plan on seeing it.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I don't get why people looked at him as crazy after he beat up the guy who was banging his wife. Like would anyone not do that lol

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Yeah I never got that, he fucking beat some dudes ass for fucking his wife. The problem that allowed him to beat that dudes ass into the ground wasn't helped by the fact that he was indeed a bit off but the man was also an old fucking man, most women don't cheat with old decrepit men.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Good movie. But seriously FUCK Robert Deniro's character. Has a mentally unstable son, and constantly feeds him the idea that he's personally responsible for the Eagles losing and ruining his gambling bets.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Don't really think Deniro was stable himself. They both kind of antagonized each other.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually thought Jennifer Lawrences character was the weakest written.
I've known girls like that, not specifically caused by the situation in the movie, but meh, I thought she did a good job with that role.

Unlike some other people, I enjoyed the first half of the movie more than the second half, there were quite a few laugh out loud moments for me.

The ending being so predictable ruined the last 20 minutes or so of it for me. Obviously, I'm not the director/editor/producers, but I think if they'd have cut the scene where he discovered that she wasn't delivering his letters (although could have easily kept the scene where she talks about it with his parents to clue in the mentally retarded members of the audience who couldn't pick up on the subtle clues.) it would have worked much better.

Well in the civilized world , you move on if your wife is banging someone else. Obviously you were not making her happy , or whatever reason she had. I thought it was a good emotional movie , showing how two people can love one another even with huge problems like the 2 had. They found happiness with one another , too many people go through life looking for said happiness and never find it. Because they want a particular person to make them happy like the character in this movie , he believed his wife was the one for him. Even though she was telling him how he needed to lose weight and pay attention to her more. But he meets a girl that loves him just the way he is , its just a take on what the writers percieved to be love and i thought they did a good job with it.

Also Deniros character takes some blame for the way he turned out in one scene , so he is aware of what he is doing. Just looks for an out on HIS problems. People do this all the time , hell you might even be guilty of doing it. People have issues themselves and rather try to fix it , they blame others for causing it and jusitfy having it because of said excuse. Like how he blames his wife for causing him pain because she had their wedding music on when she was getting muff dived. When its just a song , but he made it into something other then just a song.