Silver Linings Playbook

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched it a couple times and and still love it, Im still pretty surprised at how well cooper did the role. As far a being predictable, welcome to 90% of Hollywood, hell Dredd 3D had the fucking ending of the movie in the damn trailer and seeing who dies out the window

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Good movie. But seriously FUCK Robert Deniro's character. Has a mentally unstable son, and constantly feeds him the idea that he's personally responsible for the Eagles losing and ruining his gambling bets.
I haven't read the book, but from what I understand, the Dad is FAR worse in the book.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The book is a lot different than the movie from what I've read.

Same general theme but a lot of things are really different or completely removed from the movie.

Petro-Petro_sl

shitlord
Gal pal has been begging me to go see this with her for weeks now... I give it only 50% chance of liking...

Am I wrong in thinking that?

Homsar

it isnt really a chick flick, i think my guy friends enjoyed it more then their girlfriends

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Gal pal has been begging me to go see this with her for weeks now... I give it only 50% chance of liking...

The chick flick thing is a disguise they put on for the commercials. There is obviously a romance element, but the movie is mostly about a fucked up guy, a fucked up girl and their fucked up friends and family and how they get along. And the Eagles.

Homsar

I did find it hilarious the they used the eagles for having retarded fans, i dont there was a better team they could have picked

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

Jennifer Lawrence is smoking hot in this. That is all.
Was it a chick flick? I don't know for sure. At some point Jennifer Lawrence's hips started gyrating and the next thing I remember the woman in front of me is screaming, the whole theater is staring at me and I've got my penis in my hand. They've asked me not to return to the Lowes 18.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Julia Stiles is smoking hot in it too, albeit she's on screen for about 10 minutes total.

but yeah, The Ancient is right about Jennifer Lawrence

Bane_sl

shitlord
Movie was meh. Not Oscar worthy, but good. It really was nothing more than a small point in a crazy guys life. Cooper plays a shitty manic.

Should have written it in that the wife never actually existed. I was actually disappointed when she showed up.

Homsar

Should have written it in that the wife never actually existed. I was actually disappointed when she showed up.
that would defeat the whole purpose of the story/movie. Its about overcoming the shit you've gone through

Szlia

This movie is nominated for 8 Oscars and that's about 6 too many. I would keep the editing nod (not for the run of the mile dance and traumatic flash-back sequences, but for the compact, almost 'jumpcuty' moments - like when he comes to bring the letter and she is not home) and the best actress nod for how multifaceted Lawrence manages to portray her character. She is playing the part of a mess of a character where most would just make a mess of acting the character.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Thought this movie was great, especially like someone said previously if you know people with mental health issues.

It also helps that I'm from outside philadelphia. Though that one fan that incites the fight at the game - pretty much sums up Philadelphia and why I stay the fuck out of that shit hole of a city.