SimCity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Patch 2.0 in April:

Residential Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.

• Buildings are prevented from going up in density when they don't have power or water.
  • The amount of happiness gained from low taxes, police, fire, and health outreach has been lowered.
  • Fixed some cases where buildings would not go abandoned when they should have.
  • Higher density residential buildings are no longer blocked from going abandoned due to not having enough money.
  • Happiness from low taxes does not double up every time it is given.
  • Losing happiness due to not having a job is more impactful.

I kept meaning to go back and tinker with it when they added elevating/sinking roadways.
Most of the things on that list worked fine in the original Sim City. You know, the one from 1989.

Oh, and lol at the stealth release of an expansion!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So the Sim City expansion apparently went live today and I'll be damned if I can see a single review of it anywhere... There's a blurb on the Wall Street Journal's site and something on yahoo news, but that is just taken from a press release.

Did EA put the fear of god into gaming sites to stay well clear of this? Sim City is a game I want to like and the features in the expansion sound cool, but overall it has been such a clusterfuck I am reluctant to take the plunge.
Why would EA want sites to stay away?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing about the new SimCity is that gameplay wise I bet it was more challenging and fun when it was full of bugs. The only learning curve and replay value was figuring out which systems were broken. Everytime I see patch notes for it I never see shit like, "Made RCI demand actually work, thus forcing you to make non-retarded cities."

And of course everytime you see pictures of people's cities they look exactly like one of the cities you've already made because they're so small. Then you see shit people are doing with simcity4 and are blown away.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Forthirtyfucking dollars it looks like you get one shitty new 'future' style re-skin of the same fucking gameONEnew disaster.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the funny thing is, we talk about the game everytime their is an update or whatever, but I don't think any of us actually play it.

my dad got the email I referenced earlier and he was like, "RE-INSTALL THE GAME IT'S FIXED LET'S PLAY AGAIN!!!" I just had to laugh...

Neki

Molten Core Raider
New free SimCity DLC sponsored by insurance company | IncGamers.com

SimCity-progressive.gif

Maxis continue their free SimCity DLC releases with the help of more in-game product placement. We've had a car manufacturer and event toothpaste, now it's the turn of an insurance company. Yes, an insurance company.

Now available for free through the in-game launch screen page is the Progressive Office, a new building which will help you insure your city against any disastrous mishaps, like giant lizards for example.

What does it do to other than shove some advertising in your face? This building improves the happiness of shopping sims and insurance can be purchased for all your buildings placed in the city. The amount you spend on insurance cover is up to you depending on what you want to get back when a disaster strikes.

If you hate insurance companies then avoid this because you'll see Progressive's little vehicles driving around to assess claims. That may just send you into a rage. Remember, this is free.

I wonder what's next for the sponsored DLC? Why not lawyers, we all love lawyers.

My jimmies are rustled and I don't even play the game

Neph_sl

shitlord
the funny thing is, we talk about the game everytime their is an update or whatever, but I don't think any of us actually play it.
I played it for two weeks in October before I got into Hearthstone. Like I said before, the game is playable now, but the depth that we were promised just isn't there. I just ran out of things to do. This new expansion looks kind of interesting (the socio-economic disparity in particular), but it's not enough to bring me back.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Besides the Mega towers are just as broken as the RCI. People complain about not having jobs (while being in the middle) at either the lower or upper section. Same with commercial not having enough customers. Only about 10% use the new transport options so traffic doesn't become any better either.

As if the price wasn't bad enough, it basicly makes the game worse without fixing anything.
Cities feel even smaller since the towers use up so much space (and are limited to 8 max).

Keep your money.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be tough for my rig to take all that cloud computing that was going on in EA servers.

Nosf_sl

shitlord
Offline mode only works in 320x200 so your PC can handle all work formerly done in the cloud.

RE: Cities XL - I'd heard it was pretty but ultimately not as good as SC4?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's going to be tough for my rig to take all that cloud computing that was going on in EA servers.
I would totally love to see what servers they're running for cloud computing. I'm not sure if we have EA as a customer or not, and if not they're probably running serious junk

Silence_sl

shitlord
EA should include a free roll of toilet paper with every game they pinch out. It'd be a good way of cleaning up all the shit they put out.