Similar games Shining Force I/II

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not sure where else to throw this. This game sounds amazing, probably too good to be true as its one dude making it but I will follow it. Ogre Battle is one of my favorite games. Add in Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy IV bits and seriously sounds amazing. Hope it gets completed.

alert icon
Nothing says what platform it will be on, I assume PC but that is a huge oversight.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
La Pucelle Tactics
Phantom Brave
Makai Kingdom

(All PS2)
Of these the only one I actually enjoyed playing was Makai Kingdom. I really tried to like Phantom Brave but it never stuck with me. I found Pucelle just plain boring.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing says what platform it will be on, I assume PC but that is a huge oversight.
It says it in the features section of the overview on the campaign.

Releasing for PC, Mac, and Linux summer 2017

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
This is more broader of a topic, but outside of Fire Emblem there aren't any other games of these types being released frequently. Games that are turn based, have an RPG-like class system, and usually a fantasy setting. Yet when I think back to what some of the best games I ever played were, Final Fantasy Tactics and Shining Force I/II are really up there. So is this genre not all that popular anymore and that's why game makers aren't making more of them? Or is there an opportunity for someone to make something today in the vein of FFT and be successful?

Anyway, I wonder what you guys think

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Of these the only one I actually enjoyed playing was Makai Kingdom. I really tried to like Phantom Brave but it never stuck with me. I found Pucelle just plain boring.
Funny, despite owning all 3 the only one of those I've put any time into was La Pucelle, which I enjoyed very much. Makes me wonder if I'll enjoy Makai Kingdom that much more.