Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is finally due out for release sometime in October of 2014. cant believe i have been waiting 8 years for a sequel. its supposed to have most of the cast from the original Sin City in it(Michael Clark Duncan, might not be in it for obvious reasons). no trailer out yet so i will bump this thread with the link if nobody has yet. One key change, Josh Brolin plays Dwight, pre-plastic surgery .

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I am pretty excited. I haven't seen the original in years, I will have to bust that out. I saw the first one in theaters with some chick I was dating at the time, she was really, really not into it, the whole thing grossed her out, but she sat there with me like a soldier and didn't bitch once about it. Good times good times.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We can discuss the movie without pretty pictures. I will ensure a trailer gets put in the OP as soon as it's out. That make you happy baby?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_60203.jpg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here's the wikipedia article of it, for those who wants infoz:

Plot
"A Dame to Kill For"

Dwight McCarthy (Josh Brolin) is summoned by his former lover, Ava Lord (Eva Green), who wants his help to escape her abusive husband, billionaire Damien Lord (Marton Csokas). However, Dwight soon learns that Ava's true intentions are more sinister than they appear.
"Just Another Saturday Night"

On the night John Hartigan meets up with Nancy in "That Yellow Bastard", Marv (Mickey Rourke) regains consciousness on a highway overlooking the Projects, surrounded by dead young men, and unable to remember how he got there.
"The Long Bad Night" (original story)

Johnny (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), a cocky gambler, disguises a darker mission to destroy the biggest villain in Sin City at his own game. He beats the wrong man and events take a turn for the worse. Along the way, he meets a young stripper named Marcy (Julia Garner).
Untitled original story

Set after Hartigan's (Bruce Willis) suicide at the end of "That Yellow Bastard", this story centers around Nancy (Jessica Alba) trying to cope with his death.
Cast

Bruce Willis as John Hartigan

Jessica Alba as Nancy Callahan
Powers Boothe as Senator Roark
Josh Brolin as Dwight McCarthy
Jamie Chung as Miho
Marton Csokas as Damien Lord
Rosario Dawson as Gail
Julia Garner as Marcy
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Johnny
Eva Green as Ava Lord
Dennis Haysbert as Manute
Stacy Keach as Wallenquist
Jaime King as Goldie and Wendy
Lady Gaga as The Waitress
Ray Liotta as Joey
Christopher Meloni as Mort
Crystal McCahill
Jeremy Piven as Bob
Mickey Rourke as Marv
Juno Temple as Sally

Production

In 2005, after Sin City was released, Rodriguez announced plans for a follow-up film that would feature many of the same characters. He planned for the film to be based on A Dame to Kill For. Miller said the film would be a prequel and a sequel with interlinking stories both before and after the first film. Miller, who was writing the screenplay in 2006, had anticipated for production to begin later in the year. However, Rodriguez had also said that official casting would not start until the script was finalized and in studio's hands. At the 2007 Comic-Con, Frank Miller confirmed that he and Robert Rodriguez had completed a script, but blamed the Weinstein brothers for the delay.

During the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con, Rodriguez stated that the script for Sin City 2 was nearing completion and that it was his hope that shooting could begin before the end of the year. Rodriguez said that the Sin City 2 would comprise A Dame to Kill For, Just Another Saturday Night and two original stories Sin City creator Frank Miller has written for the film, one new story reportedly titled "The Long, Bad Night". In August 2011, Rodriguez stated that the script is almost completely finalized and that he has already received funding for the film, and that production will commence once the script is finalized. In September 2011, it was revealed that William Monahan has been brought in to add the finishing touches to Miller's screenplay. In March 2012, Rodriguez announced that production on Sin City 2 would begin in mid-2012. He also mentioned that the cast would be "of the same caliber and eclecticism" as that of the previous film.

On April 13, 2012, the film was confirmed, in addition to the new title, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The film was expected to go into production in the summer of 2012, but principal photography began near the end of October 2012. On June 17, 2013, the film's release date was pushed back from October 4, 2013, until August 22, 2014. Rodriguez later explained that the film was always intended for release in 2014 and that they were merely holding the October date for Machete Kills.
Casting

During initial pre-production after the release of the first film in 2005, Angelina Jolie was said to be Rodr?guez's first choice in the role of Ava, so much so that he was delaying production to correspond with her pregnancy, according to Rosario Dawson, but subsequent articles throughout the years stated that other rumored frontrunners in addition to Jolie were Salma Hayek, Rose McGowan, and Rachel Weisz. However, on January 29, 2013, it was officially announced that Eva Green had been cast in the role.

On October 29, 2012, it was confirmed that Devon Aoki would not return to reprise her role as Miho due to her second pregnancy, and that Jamie Chung would take over the role in the second film. On December 5, 2012 it was announced that Dennis Haysbert would replace Michael Clarke Duncan (who died before production began) as Manute.

On January 7, 2013 it was confirmed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was cast as new character Johnny, described as "a cocky gambler who disguises a darker mission to destroy his most foul enemy at his best game." The character is not to be confused with another character named Johnny, featured in the short story "Daddy's Little Girl". The next day, it was reported that Josh Brolin was cast as Dwight. On January 29, 2013 it was revealed which characters new castmembers Ray Liotta, Juno Temple, Christopher Meloni, and Jeremy Piven would play (their casting was announced much earlier, but their roles unspecified). Liotta was cast as Joey Canelli, a married businessman who is cheating on his wife. Temple was cast as Sally, Joey's mistress and a girl from Old Town. Meloni was cast as Mort, Bob's new partner and one of the few straight cops of Basin City. Piven replaces Michael Madsen as Bob (although Madsen was initially announced to be returning during pre-production). The same day, it was announced that Julia Garner was cast as new character Marcy, a young stripper who crosses paths with new character Johnny. On February 5, it was announced that Stacy Keach had been cast as villain Wallenquist.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Did Clive Owen die or something? I know this is set before his characters plastic surgery but damn, dude has just disappeared the last few years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its what happens when you appear in ten films every year. cumberbatch and cranston are going to learn this lesson too.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He's done recent work, just low key stuff. He was in some horrible depressing drama about a father living in Australia raising his son after the death of his wife. Some British TV stuff, too.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I've literally waited years to watch this sequel

Trailer looks nice!