Single greatest song ever written?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I dunno man, I gotta go with this. It's just a fucking masterpiece in all regards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Thinking about it more you can sign me up for Marshal Tucker's "Can't You See" or Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here." I do think Reelin' in the Years is something special though.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Thinking about it more you can sign me up for Marshal Tucker's "Can't You See" or Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here." I do think Reelin' in the Years is something special though.
i also picked "cant you see" for personal reasons. i was at the jukebox putting in songs to play and the bartender comes over to do the same. she sees me pick "cant you see" and she goes, "i was just going to pick that one!" and i told her it was one of my favorites and just like that i was dating a bartender in a biker bar. fun times. its really the best southern rock song i have ever heard. i know i will draw hate for this, but i like it better than Midnight Rider which others consider the best Southern Rock song.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Something by Led Zeppelin. Maybe black dog, but they have a lot of greats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Single greatest song? Impossible. This thread shows just how impossible with just about every listed song being worthy.

Edit: My two choices which haven't been listed would be:

Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Blind Melon - No Rain

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Beethoven's ninth. Fuck right off.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

That Barbershop version of God Only Knows is pretty fucking awesome.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
BoySetsFire - The Rookie

Right in the feels. BoySetsFire and Snapcase were both fucking awesome. Poison the Well was also awesome. That whole period of my life, going to shows like that, was probably the only time in my life I ever actually had fun.

Anyway,

That said, best songs ever is so hard because every era of music is so different and it's so difficult to compare across generations.

1960s: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
1970s: The Who - Love, Reign O’er Me, but whomever said Kashmir that could also be it.
1980s: Very difficult to pick one. When I think 1980s I immediately think of GnR - Paradise City or Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer so either would work. Honorable Mention: Fight the Power.
1990s: Foo Fighters - Everlong and it's not that close. jk, it's kinda close. Otherside, Enter Sandman, quite a few good runners up.
2000s: MGMT - Electric Feel or something from Gorillaz. 2000s is a tough decade, needs to stew for a while.
2010s: Taylor Swift - Style jk it's Paramore - Ain't It Fun.
2020s: Sucks total ass so far.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Oasis - Live Forever, Don't Look Back in Anger - suppose Wonderwall even if not as good, it resonates with many? There's a reason it's the 1st or 2nd most played/streamed song on the planet older than 2012 or 2013?
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Just some answers off the top of my head.

As far as pieces of music go not really sure how you beat Beethoven's 9th, and Bach's Cello Suites.

When I ask this question to friends and family, "If you had to pick one song, that is the best of all-time, not necessarily your favorite, what is it?" Interestingly enough the answer I get a lot of the times is:

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Clearly the answer is All Star or Never Gonna Give You Up.

• 2Worf