Sit / Stand Adjustable Desks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

checkyeah_sl

shitlord
Trying to make a decision on an adjustable desk. Being tall and having carpet floors makes this one tough due to wobble.

I was hoping for a larger depth, around 33 - 36", but will end up making due with 30-31.5". I think longer term I will just customize the table top and use the stand. For now I want to just pick something and run with it.

Any recommendations?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm using a varidesk 48 pro and I like it. It goes on a tabletop or desk and I use it for standing only but it's usable as a sitting desk in its lowest position

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use a drawing/drafting desk/table. It adjust down to regular table height and up to 4' of so. The one I have at the house is pretty small. It's 32" x 42" which makes a nice work area big enough to put 2 monitors and have room behind them for more stuff. I think they are called folding but not portable. It weighs a crapload, more than you would want to carry any distance at all. It doesn't move at all, the legs are 1" steel square tubing.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm using a varidesk 48 pro and I like it. It goes on a tabletop or desk and I use it for standing only but it's usable as a sitting desk in its lowest position
Second this. We buy the Varidesk Pro 36 for our cripples at work and they love it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Cripples? I am in peak physical shape! I would just like to remain that way well into my 30s 40s and 50s. 60s? meh who knows by that point.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Cripples? I am in peak physical shape! I would just like to remain that way well into my 30s 40s and 50s. 60s? meh who knows by that point.
Well, it's purchased through work, so one needs a "current" medical condition. So the few guys who have one either have hip or back problems that prevent them from working extended periods sitting down.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A couple of people at my old job got the managers to sign off on $6k or whatever for one of those desks. After the first week I never saw either of them standing up at their desk.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
People stand up at desks all the time here, and I'm looking at making them buy me one... anybody used the Jarvis standing desk?