Skype question...

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started using Skype tonight - kept getting distracted by hearing my own voice back to me on a delay through the headset.... any suggestions how I might mute myself in Skype or otherwise deal with it other than just adapting to hearing my own voice?

Felt awkward and kept making me stammer a bit (like that Tosh.0 where he tried that iPhone app that apparently does your voice on a short delay back to you that confuses how you speak a bit) - seems like the counter speakers would work, but the mic was picking them up and causing feedback/reverb to everyone in the chat so that "fix" doesn't work. ><

Completely new to it, there's possibly a fubared setting - and it's a Bluetooth headset hooked up via a dongle if that matters.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Seems to me that this is a problem on the other person's end -- their mic picking up the sound from their speakers? If so, ask them to turn down their speakers or change the sensitivity of the mic.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't happening to other people in the channel or even my wife in the same channel on her PC though...